Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumped a Residency...Yours if you want it!!

Default Dumped a Residency...Yours if you want it!!

I've done a year at a smallish pub evry Friday.

I've either got bored with it or am fed up with adults behaving like spoilt children when they can't sing exactly when they want to....It don't pay a fortune but may be worth about £6,000 a year before tax.

Jacked it last Friday and as the Landlady is a personal friend (still) I know she wants to continue.....Its in West Yorkshire.

Please PM me if you're interested.Its obviously a Karaoke evening and would suit someone just starting out.Its not looking for a super wizzy dizzy light show ....just a patient (not me anymore) Karaoke Jockey with a good selection of tunes.

Happy to discuss...

You not kidding £115........
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I didnt post this to discuss the fee...I was just trying to help fellow DJ's... I did make the point that it may suit someone starting up.

Or maybe you started at £350 a night did you??

£115 a night for a residency, karaoke only (no lights at all) is a good fee around here tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    £115 a night for a residency, karaoke only (no lights at all) is a good fee around here tbh.
    I won't be moving there, then!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Well thanks for that Bellshill....

There are two different types of DJ.There are the high powered Kitted up contracted up corporate DJ's who if you believe this Forum earn a fortune.

Then there are the more middle of the road type DJ's who take a smattering of gear out and use their personality to provide a much cheaper evenings entertainment....I am one of these.

The best business practise ethic on the site suggests that I should be aspiring to be one of the former.....but i'm not keen.Its no good trying to play for Manchester United if in your head you are only a Blackpool player.

But in the end I consider both ends of the scale to be DJ's....that is definately the public perception of me anyway.

AND you are so right a residency in your hand at £115 for a Friday may be useful for somebody...which was the reason for my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I won't be moving there, then!

Surprised that its only price that drives the bus for you Rob.Previous posts suggested you were a little different from that
    Last edited by Penfold42; 01-11-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Surprised that its only price that drives the bus for you Rob.Previous posts suggested you were a little different from that
    It's NOT only price that drives the bus for me, but it's a very important factor when you have no other income!

Just out of interest StarZsoundS where is this venue as I am based in Leeds.

Think it may be a bit late Buddy!!

It WAS between Wakefield and Dewsbury.They didn't have any trouble covering it at the ridiculously low money everybody seems to be talking about!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    Think it may be a bit late Buddy!!

It WAS between Wakefield and Dewsbury.They didn't have any trouble covering it at the ridiculously low money everybody seems to be talking about!!
    To be honest I wasn't wanting the residency I was just enquiring about which venue it was due to the fact I used to do pub karaoke for a good year or so before I got established.