Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paperwork

Default Paperwork

Right then, on the back of another thread (guess which ), what paperwork do you use to support your bookings. This isnt what you think or "best practice is..." but what you actually send out/recieve back in.

Ill start...

Contract Agreement with Terms & Conditions
    Event Information Form (basically for additional info; playlists, names, timetable etc etc)
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

I initially send out my terms & conditions, a booking form & a covering letter telling them what to do.

On receipt of the signed booking form & deposit, I send a booking confirmation letter, a music request form & a list of my most requested songs to assist with their music selection.

Contract with all relevent information on back full terms and conditions. And normally staple any song requests posted or emailed to me onto the contract and always take it with me just incase.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

I send out once booked, just a basic what you want form as i would have gave them a T&C letter etc on the meeting, but with saying that if i dont meet up with them ( very rarley ) ill send the T&C letter priar to the booking call etc, as i ask most of my Q's on the phone or in person or email etc once i get back the What you want form ill send out a confirmation letter ( if all done by phone or email ) if done in person i will get signitures there and then in person to confirm booking etc
    Dave

Booking form, terms and conditions and health and safety guidance (strobes, lasers, that sort of thing). Sometimes attach a request form that they can send back with the booking form, but the majority of my requests are done on-line now.

I send a booking form with the event details and my T&C's on it, they sign and return it and then I write to the client to confirm the booking and post a receipt out for the booking fee.

Simples!
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

Does anyone send an invoice?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Does anyone send an invoice?
    Not me.

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Contract goes out, client returns it signed, I then sign it at send it back as confirmation.

I send an invoice when the balance is due, with the booking fee listed as a
    credit.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Snail Mail Method

Customer provisionally books by email or phone call. Pack goes out containing personalised cover letter, summary of particulars, Ts & Cs, options sheet customised to suit venue and gig (no point wasting ink & paper extolling the virtues of uplighting for a kids party) and a payments sheet detailing how the deposit and balance may be paid (account numbers, that sort of thing). Also sample postcards and any other relevant promotional material.

Ts & Cs and amended particulars are returned; customer then gets a countersigned Ts & Cs and an invoice showing the deposit as a credit off the final balance. Private customer gets the invoice due date as 14 days prior to the event; corporate as agreed.

Electronic Method

Customer gets all of the above by email as a series of PDF attachments. They print and sign the Ts & Cs part plus any other bits as necessary and post these to me, or print scan & email if a regular or corporate customer. I then send a countersigned Ts & Cs and invoice as before, either physical or electronic depending on the customer.

For one-off-event private customers the last leg is always postal.