Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might have a little time to spare...

Default Might have a little time to spare...

They dropped the axe today - but not posting in order to get sympathy. I am now redundant. However, they say I can leave tomorrow and they'll pay me my 3 month notice. So, although I am desperately in need of a well paid job in the food manufacturing sector within the next 3 months, it also looks like I have some spare time and earning potential.

Therefore, if anyone has any jobs (midweek) or some reasonably major rigging or roadie work (not toooo far away please), I am up for a few pennies in the bank. However, there may also be a little time for worthy causes too... :teeth:

you have my sympathy 390 jobs gone in Haverhill in last week making my semi-unemployed spell a bit longer. Tax man knows I do this and I declare it to all relevant parties but it don't make life easy to promote myself into full time disco work

You have my deepest sympathy mate. I was made redundant last month after 20 years service. Always good to take stock for a couple of weeks. This could be a great opportunity.
    Keith - Flex Discotheques
    www.flexdisco.co.uk

Sorry to hear that you have been made redundant, hope you find something soon
    Mick, The better half of Reemicks

www.reemicks.co.uk

Sorry to hear the news Ricey. I was made redundant about 14 months ago whilst I was off following my back surgery, so I know how you feel.

We do get odd enquiries out of area now and then....... what's tooooooo far away? :teeth:

You have my sympathy Matt, I've been layed off on more than one occasion.

Maybe you could use it as an opportunity to expand the disco business into something you can do as your full time occupation.

(Edit Angela pointed out to me how this post reads prior to his edit) As previously discussed in the other thread
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 25-05-2006 at 09:02 PM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Hey rice man. I am a great believer in when one door closes,another opens. Its happened to me on more than one occasion.

I have already hinted in older threads that I would love to make the disco full time - just not sure it would bring in enough of the folding stuff...

Maybe combined with the chocolate fountains?

All strings to your bow
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Best of luck matey- been there myself- not pleasant, but as others have said, regard it as an opportunity,

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs