Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fairs?

If there is another disco present, I wouldn't bother.

I've done quite a few wedding fayres over the years, but only if we were the only entertainment company there.

Some very good points have already been raised here.

I do two wedding fayres a year and find it useful to speak to whoever is doing the Bridal Show to find out the kind of music they need. And I usually pay about £150 for a 'pitch', and they are normally in March & September.

Take along some literature about yourself, letters of recognition/thanks, ............. and your Diary (as Steve has already said).

My only advice would be ........... if there's no Bridal Show, then it's unlikely that it's going to be well attended as this is what draws most Bride's to attend.
    Ian
    www.limelightandrhythmdisco.co.uk
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

By bridal show, do you mean fashion show?

Yes, that's the one. I did one once without one and it was very poorly attended.
    Ian
    Covering Herts, Beds, Bucks, Essex, Middlesex, & NW London ... but have been known to travel further afield. PLI & PAT - member of MDA.

There are some very well established shows that do work fine without a show, but in general, I agree with Ian - those with a show are better attended than those that don't...... it does make for 'peak' and 'trough' times though - ie, you will be running around like a headless chicken with potential customers coming out of your ears just before and after the shows, but there's hardly anyone around at other times (another good reason to have plenty of literature, because you physically cannot talk to everyone at these times)

Another thing..... after the ruch from the last show of the day has gone, everyone starts packing up. (Never done one where everyone sits there until the end!)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    Another thing..... after the ruch from the last show of the day has gone, everyone starts packing up. (Never done one where everyone sits there until the end!)
    I certainly agree with Angela there.

Are your fingers running away with themselves (ruch ????) :lightbulb
    Ian

Oopps! :embarasse ..... it's something very similar to a 'rush', but all bunched up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    4. What are the best "perks" to help sell (or none at all?) - should I offer something?
    Well you could take a huge chocolate fountain along... :teeth:

Quote Originally Posted by pagan_flame
    Well you could take a huge chocolate fountain along... :teeth:
    which was the original idea, but there are two there already!

Anyway, I am booked in now, my stand is in the room with the bar - not sure if thats a good thing or not, but have a good feeling it's not a bad place to be. The competition look good, but are based in Chelmsford, so I might get the Suffolk brides as we are more local than them. I asked about advertising and it does seem the lady has worked hard - will be on local radio on the day as well.

Just need to make sure my information is up to scratch - was thinking of taking the bubble machine? Lots of large prints of gig pictures, leaflets, cards etc... I have a table, but no "display stands". Wife suggested I got some of those small had held bubble tubes and stuck our details on?

Have a look at Mark Weller's article in ProMobile Magazine, called Marketing at Wedding Fairs- think it was about 2 issues ago.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs