Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fairs?

Maybe you could offer a special deal for the Chocolate Fountain and Disco combined?

Then you can use the wife as a roadie

That might give you a marketing edge on the " competition"

Have you got any client recommendations in writing or feedback emails to show people saying thanks what a great night etc. --or my favourite---give them the numbers of happy customers to ring from previous successful Weddings.

I use this strategy and find it works quite well.

Not sure about the advantages of a bubble machine for a Wedding?

Best of luck, let us know what happens--

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW
    Not sure about the advantages of a bubble machine for a Wedding?
    Generally keeps the younger children entertained if you have a bubble machine...prevents them from sliding everywhere on their knees! Also, the guests like them if they have a baby or toddler in the family, keeps both parent and child very entertained! IMHO, they add that extra atmosphere to the function itself

They also come in very useful for taking photos of the bride and groom in the venue. You can get a nice picture of them with a few bubbles floating around in the picture, but that is just my personal suggestion!
    :teeth: Scott :teeth:

Roadie/DJ for The Sound Factory,
    operating in the Midlands, covering counties throughout the region

Maybe you could offer a special deal for the Chocolate Fountain and Disco combined?
    I was going to suggest that
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps
    was thinking of taking the bubble machine?
    I wouldn't, a) the venue might not like it, b) it might become a health & safety issue if it's a hard floor in the bar area, c) there's a good chance that it will p*** off most of the exhibitors in close proximity to you, dressmakers & cake makers won't take too kindly to being covered in bubbles & if it's a photographer that's near you the soap in the bubble fluid can damage photos.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve
    I was going to suggest that
    I wouldn't, a) the venue might not like it, b) it might become a health & safety issue if it's a hard floor in the bar area, c) there's a good chance that it will p*** off most of the exhibitors in close proximity to you, dressmakers & cake makers won't take too kindly to being covered in bubbles & if it's a photographer that's near you the soap in the bubble fluid can damage photos.
    Ah-ha, we've already thought of the "book a disco and a fountain" thing - discounts available. Also sort of lets us introduce the fountain business at the fair where we're not displaying the fountain (although obviously I will be very very careful doing that with other fountains there!).

Was also thinking about framing some of my photo's as part of the display - photo paper bought!

Now, on to fliers, as a first off I was going to produce my own and print them out. Is that a complete no go?

Now, on to fliers, as a first off I was going to produce my own and print them out. Is that a complete no go?
    So long as you've got a good printer and decent paper, go for it.

With the print quality of some home printers these days, and the range of papers available, an awful lot of people do their own.

Ah-ha, we've already thought of the "book a disco and a fountain" thing - discounts available. Also sort of lets us introduce the fountain business at the fair where we're not displaying the fountain (although obviously I will be very very careful doing that with other fountains there!).

Was also thinking about framing some of my photo's as part of the display - photo paper bought!
    Make sure you have some good photos of the fountain with you if you decide to go with tht idea.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I go with Steve on this--my last experience with a bubble machine ( so to speak)
    was at a PTA function where it was outside and the wind blew the bubbles( not mine) all over my mixer and amp causing a horrible wet mess on the mixer---very dangerous mixture--electricity and water--- got them to move it somewhere else!

Agree with Steve its a hazard on the floor and sorry to repeat this--your PLI may not cover this risk!

Also if you are trying to promote an upmarket image I dont think flyers are the answer--they dont suggest quality necessarily--- print your own Brochures maybe?

Anyway its your call Rice!

CRAZY K
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 29-05-2006 at 01:23 PM.

I use a number of postcard designs (see one example below), which i print myself.

Useful to just leave on a table for people to take one. You can buy a pack of 25 glossy cards for £1, and any decent photo printer will do just fine.

Just a thought

Jamie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Agree with Steve its a hazard on the floor and sorry to repeat this--your PLI may not cover this risk!
    Agreed - in fact more and more PLI policies are specifically mentioning Bubble Machines as excluded from the cover

Also if you are trying to promote an upmarket image I dont think flyers are the answer--they dont suggest quality necessarily--- print your own Brochures maybe?
    We have traditionally done a mixture of the two.

Something else Rice, your dress---no no --how are you dressing for this show?

I went to have a nose at one up the road at Wicksteed Park, Kettering which is quite a big venue, about 4 Discos there--noticed a couple of the DJs were wearing Evening dress and did look very smart.

So do you think this might make a difference?

Just a thought

CRAZY K