Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wedding Fairs?

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    So how does one get invited to participate in Bridal Fayres in the first place? I often see flyers tied to lamp-posts or ads in the local rag for these things, but they're generally the same weekend as they're happening.

Whose door should I be knocking on?
    Bridal Fayre organisers!

Once you've done one, you seem to get loads of invites to lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    So how does one get invited to participate in Bridal Fayres in the first place? I often see flyers tied to lamp-posts or ads in the local rag for these things, but they're generally the same weekend as they're happening.

Whose door should I be knocking on?
    Generally, you don't usually get invited - unless you are very well known on the scene (and trust me there are people whe seem to run a buisiness just attending fairs, there is a whole community based around them!) or the organiser needs your type of business (we've been invited personally to two - or rather my wife was - because they had no other chocolate fountains attending).

Usually (unless you are very lucky), you have to pay to exhibit (generally around £100 - £200) so most people ask if they can attend based on the success of the show. The bigger ones charge more, but have more brides coming. You get what you pay for. You should also be a little wary of out of season shows - autumn and early new year is the key time for them.

How do you get to know? Well, Google is your best bet. A lot of the wedding sites have lists and if you find one in your area or nearby that's not quite right for you, email and ask - they usually know of others in the area!