Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer Savvy Experts - HELP! - "Limited or no connectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Your on Virgin Media?
    No Freenet / Madasafish
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    What make / model of router have you got?
    BT Voyager 2110
    Do you have any Firewall / Internet Security software installed on the netbook(s)?
    Firewall turned off, no internet security installed yet.
    Could be down to one (or more) of a few things...check security settings on the router & netbook wireless, IP ranges, DHCP settings, Access Control (by MAC address)...but if you can provide mroe details it'll be easier to help...
    I dare say Angela will be on it again within the hour.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    BT Voyager 2110
    See this thread. Same router but a different problem, maybe Jeff can help. Also in that thread I posted details of the 2110 configuration, for admin go to (in a browser window): -

voyager.home (won't work if you didn't use the setup CD for the router)
    or

username / password may be admin / admin, admin / password, or something else (if it's been changed). If it has been changed any you can't remember what to you'll have to do a factory reset (with it turned on, press the reset button at the back with a paperclip for 5 seconds).

The WEP key should be on a sticker on the base of the router. This is case sensitive.

Look at all the security settings once your in the router admin and post back with anything you're unsure of.

OK...just starting to try again with this today. Thanks everyone for the suggestions thus far!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    Well.... it's a bit difficult to explain, but with regards to your router, you'd need to connect to it via it's built in menu - which is nearly always accessible through a standard browser like Internet Explorer. The address tends to be something like 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1, and the default username and password tends to be admin/password. Every menu is different, but you want to look for DHCP, and make sure it's on.
    Yes, it's on.

On the laptop, you want to find network connections in the control panel, and edit the properties of your network there. You need to go into the properties for 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)', and check that the IP address and DNS servers are set to 'obtain automatically'.
    Yep: that's set correctly

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPromotions View Post
    Your network key is it WPA/WEP?
    It's WEP

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    I wonder if the DHCP scope is exhausted? ie. too many devices for the width of the range and/or too long lease times?
    Nope - that's not the issue

Quote Originally Posted by kilmeedyman View Post
    If the Network Key provided for your router contains letters, it may require these to be in capitals if written as capitals.

That message is almost certainly because the key isn't being accepted.
    Definitely input as case sensitive, and, although it's unlikely that we input it incorrectly in both netbooks, I'll be off to try this again shortly.

You have my phone number if you need me tomorrow, but I will be asleep until midday (working overnight tonight).

Phil
    Thanks Phil.... you may be getting a call shortly!

Could be down to one (or more) of a few things...check security settings on the router & netbook wireless, IP ranges, DHCP settings, Access Control (by MAC address)...but if you can provide mroe details it'll be easier to help...
    Look at all the security settings once your in the router admin and post back with anything you're unsure of.
    Well, I'm not sure about anything! (I tend to learn as I go and then immediately forget things like this!) What further information would be helpful?

If the Network Key provided for your router contains letters, it may require these to be in capitals if written as capitals.

That message is almost certainly because the key isn't being accepted.

You have my phone number if you need me tomorrow, but I will be asleep until midday (working overnight tonight).

Phil
    May I please thank everyone here for your help and patience, and also, please ask everyone if they will be character witnesses for me at the trial, as I am about to murder Steve Jones.

Whilst I was reading the key out loud and inputting it at the same time, Steve said to me.... "Oh, is that a '9', I thought it was an 'S'"

(The thing is, I got him to read it out loud to me the first 4 times - 2x each netbook - as I have a tendancy to transpose letters/numbers when there is a long string of them)

Time for a trip to the opticians, Mr Jones! (He is now blaming the lighting)

Everything connecting beautifully now

Should've gone to Specsavers !
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Sorted! I know how frustrating these things can be!

Sorted! I know how frustrating these things can be!
    Substitute the word "Steve" in there and I will agree

Once again, thank you so much!

(Disappointed that no-one has stepped forward offering to be a character witnewss for me at the murder trial though )

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Substitute the word "Steve" in there and I will agree

Once again, thank you so much!

(Disappointed that no-one has stepped forward offering to be a character witnewss for me at the murder trial though )
    If you can get twelve MDD members on the jury, you're home free.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Erm, you do of course realise that if you had used an USB stick to transfer the settings, as suggested by someone here, ( I forget who, but he seemed very clever ) Steve's hindrance would have been nullified?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk