Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lex Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Sam_E View Post
    Infact they looked identical!
    As I've stated in a previous post, they may look identical on the surface, but I believe they may still be ironing out some problems with their manufacturing processes... But having said that, the latest Prolight fixtures seem to have had their own share of problems too.

Julian

Hi Guys,i bought 3 lights off ebay before christmas and there great.
    I bought a Quadlex,Lexbar and a Equinox style one,they had them in my local shop and when put against the Prolight/Kam ones it well out done them,ok they might be cheaply made but i also got a year guarantee with them so what more could you ask for.
    At weekend im getting another double (Twinlex)..
    I will send photos of Saturdays gig.

hi guys i have bought a set of 4 lex led heads and animation laser of eBay great product at a great price would highly recommend there products.

Hi there! You might want to pop on over to the 'Newbies' forum and introduce yourself to the other members

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/lex-lighting

looks like thire in a bit of trouble?

I have to say if you buy these type of Chinese imports be prepared to bin them when they go wrong ,the guarantee is not worth the paper they are written on there is no dealer support and parts are not available ,even when you open them up for repair none of the chips are marked for replacement.

Also with the trend of people buying from unknown outlets soon there will be no local Disco shops left and even now there are very few places to get items repaired,support your local dealer or he will soon vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    I have to say if you buy these type of Chinese imports be prepared to bin them when they go wrong ,the guarantee is not worth the paper they are written on there is no dealer support and parts are not available ,even when you open them up for repair none of the chips are marked for replacement.

Also with the trend of people buying from unknown outlets soon there will be no local Disco shops left and even now there are very few places to get items repaired,support your local dealer or he will soon vanish.

These Chinese imports as you call then are no different to what ADJ or Prolight are distributing surely?

The moving heads that you are selling me are made in China and yet you say they are very well made. Loads of products that are made in China are shipped out and just have different labels on them.

Or are you talking about something specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    These Chinese imports as you call then are no different to what ADJ or Prolight are distributing surely?

The moving heads that you are selling me are made in China and yet you say they are very well made. Loads of products that are made in China are shipped out and just have different labels on them.

Or are you talking about something specifically?
    Again it is all about dealer support getting Prolight or ADJ repaired or fixed because they are companies that are in it for the long haul and parts are available,also when you need a repair by a technician the parts on the boards are easy to obtain.
    Re your moving heads Andy the guy i use for repairs said when he serviced them well made with standard chips and pro parts all available in the UK.
    What seems to be happening of late is anybody can ship a container and sell lights from there garage no dealer support no spares no investment.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Again it is all about dealer support getting Prolight or ADJ repaired or fixed because they are companies that are in it for the long haul and parts are available,also when you need a repair by a technician the parts on the boards are easy to obtain.
    Re your moving heads Andy the guy i use for repairs said when he serviced them well made with standard chips and pro parts all available in the UK.
    What seems to be happening of late is anybody can ship a container and sell lights from there garage no dealer support no spares no investment.
    Fair enough - I thought you were saying that everything built in China was rubbish!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Fair enough - I thought you were saying that everything built in China was rubbish!
    Thats why i always buy from Batmink and have done for over 30 years ,they can repair anything they sell,peace of mind.