Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Dj - Slate My Site 2009

Default Your Dj - Slate My Site 2009

Hi i do this once a year to get some feedback from like minded professionals.

Have a browse in the frame of mind of a client and not a DJ as lets face it thats what its for

i generally do semi well to do gigs in the new forest so its designed for that.

Will be interesting to hear your views

My bookings have rocketed since i did it so it seems to be working?

One thing i would say is i still need to make some really good promo videos and add an
    online client log in bit so they can pay and choose tracks. other than that im pretty happy with it.

Thanks

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/

-
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

It looks fantastic. Definitely one of the better sites I've seen. Classy and professional - nice job!

Really nice site and very professional looking.

I really like it Toby. Well done mate.
    I'm supposed to be re-doing mine this week and you've given me some ideas.
    I can see why it's working for you.

Hi Toby,

I really like your site layout.

If I may ask a few questions:

Having prices on your site, do you find you get less enquiries through?

Also do you feel your enquiries are more likely to become a booking, because the potential customer is already aware of the "approximate" price?

What is your conversion rate from enquiry to booking?(you do not have to answer this if you do not want to!)

Many Thanks

James
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Looks really good mate.

Just a couple more things.

Firstly, the video at the Balmer Lawn Hotel (I was there a few weeks back), I think it may well be worth doing that again as you can't hear you too well during the last couple of minutes of the video. I have a 'Meet the DJ' page but I do like the idea of a video.
    Secondly, nothing to do with the site really but the hotel.... I noticed that you had bass bins as well as tops in that room. I was in there and it isn't that big is it? Do you think you could save time etc and space by just using Actives?

I was talking to someone yesterday about websites etc, another DJ actually. He said he doesn't have one and simply waits for the calls to come in from his free single line on Yell and in the Yellow Pages....strange but not really as he is never that busy, anyway...I know we've spoken a lot on here about websites etc etc in the past but I think yours has everything that it needs to get the enquiries coming in.

You have an introduction video (re-do it) and other videos of events.
    You have a pricing guide (not sure on that myself and I have to say, your prices seem cheap to me, especially the Uplighting).
    You have Testimonials etc
    Galleries

I think the site is good. For people just looking around for contact numbers so that they can call you and ask "How much do you charge?" without wanting to know anything else...well, it's probably too much but then they are the people looking for the cheapest options and I am guessing that they don't interest you, same as they don't interest me....BUT...for people who want to do a proper bit of research before they call and are interested in making a booking (not enquiring)...well, it's spot on because they know everything that they need to know.

All I would change about the site would be to take the pricing off. I think that the site looks impressive enough and it will get people wanting to book you straight away and not enquire. The site looks good enough that people WILL contact you without knowing the prices and so maybe you could up your prices when dealing with them?

Sorry for the long post.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    For people just looking around for contact numbers so that they can call you and ask "How much do you charge?" without wanting to know anything else...well, it's probably too much but then they are the people looking for the cheapest options and I am guessing that they don't interest you, same as they don't interest me...
    I so need to review my prices - I'm such a cheap . Absolutely top site though. Classy design, and excellent use of appropriate Stills and Video throughout.

My only comment is that I didn't find the testimonial and T's&C's until later because the navigation links are at the bottom of the page away from the main navigation, but then you link to these pages in the text in the pages anywhere appropriate so they're easy to find when you need them anyway.

Top job.

Julian

Sorry Jules. Did I offend you with the stuff you quoted me on?

It maybe didn't come across as well or clear as I wanted it to. What I meant was that - Some people out there are simply looking for a number or contact details so a page on the web that simply has (for example) "Donuts Disco - Contact Duncan Donut on 090100 2999199" etc is ideal for them...you know, the ones that don't want to know about how long you've been doing the job, what extras you offer etc..they just want the cheapest price out there and that's their sole purpose for looking around. For them, an intricate site like Toby's is too much.

For someone who is serious about getting the right person for the job and wants to know as much detail as possible before they make contact, well it's spot on for them.

Hope that makes sense?

Great site, I am envious, my recent site rework is good but I obviously have work to do. Your site has given me some ideas though

Was also interested in your pricing, I am with Jules there! Must ask, are you REALLY available for £245 on Christmas day!?!? That seems remarkably cheap given your other prices.