Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cortex Help

Default Cortex Help

Hi Guys , a couple of things I need help with. I'm having a few problems , I have carefully checked all my id tags on my hd and everything seems fine. When I plug it into the cortex there seems to be a number of unidentified files coming up in the song search which works fine , these also are visible when I use the cortex manager software to view the drive I have no idea what these are. Also when I use the search facility on the cortex I can search by artist and that's as far as it lets me go , it won't drill down into tracks for each artist. Any ideas what's happening.
    Last edited by Woodyo; 17-11-2009 at 08:25 PM.
    WOODY

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyo View Post
    Hi Guys , a couple of things I need help with. I'm having a few problems , I have carefully checked all my id tags on my hd and everything seems fine. When I plug it into the cortex there seems to be a number of unidentified files coming up in the song search which works fine , these also are visible when I use the cortex manager software to view the drive I have no idea what these are. Also when I use the search facility on the cortex I can search by artist and that's as far as it lets me go , it won't drill down into tracks for each artist. Any ideas what's happening.
    Have you updated to the latest version on the unit? I had search problems which were cured by an update.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Have you updated to the latest version on the unit? I had search problems which were cured by an update.
    Updating to a Denon?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Updating to a Denon?
    That would be a retrograde step, since as we all know, all the Denons I've used have been deaf.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

No idea - what are the unidentified files which are coming up? It might be worth deleting the .db directory on the hard drive and recreating it using the management software?

Julian

Hi, how long have you had this unit? Was it new or secondhand?

Is this a new problem that has suddenly started or has it been ok so far?

Has it happened since you added some files to the HD?

The lack of choice for each artist is odd.

Apart from the db file I would delete everything else off the HD other than the tracks you want to access==unidentified rubbish wont improve things.

I have not had any problems with 2 cortex machines from new, although a start button on one needs a heavy push--never mind Jules has the answer

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I have not had any problems with 2 cortex machines from new, although a start button on one needs a heavy push--never mind Jules has the answer
    Oh yeah - I picked up the buttons last week, but I haven't had a chance to put them in yet following the birth of my daughter early Tues Morning. I've been worrying more about getting ready for the gig on Saturday in my free moments - ironically I've kept my calendar clear from mid-Dec onwards as the baby was due on 21st Dec and she's turned up 5 weeks early!

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Oh yeah - I picked up the buttons last week, but I haven't had a chance to put them in yet following the birth of my daughter early Tues Morning. I've been worrying more about getting ready for the gig on Saturday in my free moments - ironically I've kept my calendar clear from mid-Dec onwards as the baby was due on 21st Dec and she's turned up 5 weeks early!

Julian
    You think thats bad--give it 20 years

Many congrats on the baby

Wait to hear how the refurb of the Cortex goes--much easier than having children

CRAZY K

Many congrats on the baby
    Thanks

Wait to hear how the refurb of the Cortex goes--much easier than having children
    No ! £15 of buttons and an hour with a soldering iron vs £xx,xxx plus n years of care...

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    following the birth of my daughter early Tues Morning.
    Congratulations to you and your good lady.