Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Be Gentle.....

Default Be Gentle.....

Just had a revamp of my site. This is not the finished product yet but is pretty much there.
    Steve

The site looks great and the story tugs on your heart strings...how tragic!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Did you look at both sites or just the journey one?

Can I have views on the disco site rather than the journey site. Thanks
    Steve

The site is fantastic....

but the pictures aren't really very good. The rope light etc looks very cheesy.

You have a page on your website called "Testimonial" which suggests you only have one!

It might be an idea to add an s to make it plural!

The colour scheme, look and feel I generally quite like.

With an IT head on I can spot the wordpress template a mile off, but your average Joe might not.

However,

1. Lose the advertising in the footer

2. What's the purpose of the calendar? It takes up a LOT of prime space which would be much better served by a classy photo, slideshow or video clip.

3. IMHO the list of town names in the opening paragraph is too long. Consider limiting this to 4 or 6 max. This part of the site is your "first impression" - the bit 'above the fold' that is supposed to whack visitors between the eyes - it doesn't work for me, and I think you'd be as well to reword it.

4. Way too much white space on the front page. Again, prime real-estate...

5. Prices - horrid layout - try to smarten this up. Also, too much content - is it really necessary to have a whole paragraph covering NYE?

6. Gallery - it does what it says on the tin. Might want to reword 'pictures from our discos' to something a little more "sales-y" - 'images from recent events' for example

7. Playlist - hate it. It reads "cheese, cheese and more cheese" to me and would put me right off if I was a visiting customer with non-mainstream tastes - even if it's likely to become the playlist anyway, if you catch my drift LOTS of grooms are tasked with booking the entertainment, and won't like this list at first glance.

8. First dance - hate it. And it's FAR too long. Don't make customers scroll. They won't.

9. Testimonial needs an 's'

10. FAQs are in the wrong order. Given that the customer doesn't want to plough through lots of waffle, get your big-hitters at the top and drop the waffle down the page.

11. Ts & Cs - Personally I'm not a fan of these on websites - I certainly wouldn't dedicate a page to them - maybe put a PDF as a small icon on the "about us" page (which seems to be missing). Reasoning behind this is that they're too scary for the majority of clients.

12. Contact us - wot no phone number?