Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice Needed On A Website

Default Advice Needed On A Website

I've so far not got round to having a website because I'm relatively new to DJing, but from what I've read in quite a few threads I've decided that I really ought to have a website, but I've got no idea on what's involved or what's reasonable cost wise.

I don't want to approach any website firms until I have an idea of what's reasonable and what's not.

My initial thoughts would be to go for a 4 - 6 page 'brochure site' (I'm not looking for suggestions as to content as I've already decided that based on what I've seen on other DJ's websites), but what I would appreciate is any pointers regarding what a reasonable cost would be and who would put it together, and more importantly how I alter the content without having to go through the web designers (if that's possible).

Thanks in advance

JTRS

Contact Marc J. He done mine using CMS so the basics are already there, and i log into and admin panel to make changes and and/remove pages as i see fit.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Contact Marc J.

Marc is the man to ask.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I wasn't actually asking for details of a website designer, I was more after comments and advice from DJ's who don't have a vested interest in their answers.

I'll ask the DJ's at the NADJ meeting tomorrow night and see what they can tell me

JTRS

Quote Originally Posted by JoinToReadSucks View Post
    I wasn't actually asking for details of a website designer, I was more after comments and advice from DJ's who don't have a vested interest in their answers.
    Huh?

The way I remember it, you asked:

what I would appreciate is any pointers regarding what a reasonable cost would be and who would put it together, and more importantly how I alter the content without having to go through the web designers (if that's possible).
    To which Dynamic Steve wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Contact Marc J. He done mine using CMS so the basics are already there, and i log into and admin panel to make changes and and/remove pages as i see fit.
    which I thought answered your OP very well.

Anyway, if you need any conceptual or design help, feel free to give me a nudge. My website front page, right hand option of the three gives some flavour of what I do.

Sorry, perhaps I should have spelt it out more clearly

The advice/answers I was looking for was

A brochure site would cost between x and y, hosting would cost a further x - y

The website designer/you (delete as appropriate) would put the site together based on content/photo's you provide

The website/designer/you (delete as appropriate) would be responsible for altering the content. (Thanks to the post by Dynamic at least I now have the answer to this question).

I'll ask at tomorrow nights meeting and get the other answers

JTRS

Sorry, perhaps I should have spelt it out more clearly

The advice/answers I was looking for was

A brochure site would cost between x and y, hosting would cost a further x - y

The website designer/you (delete as appropriate) would put the site together based on content/photo's you provide

The website/designer/you (delete as appropriate) would be responsible for altering the content. (Thanks to the post by Dynamic at least I now have the answer to this question).

I'll ask at tomorrow nights meeting and get the other answers

JTRS
    I think perhaps that you should have! The replies given to the question asked were fine, unfortunately being psychic isn't a quality required by most DJs, with that attitude, most people won't bother responding to you.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I think perhaps that you should have! The replies given to the question asked were fine, unfortunately being psychic isn't a quality required by most DJs, with that attitude, most people won't bother responding to you.

With respect and NOT wanting to pick an argument my OP stated

My initial thoughts would be to go for a 4 - 6 page 'brochure site' (I'm not looking for suggestions as to content as I've already decided that based on what I've seen on other DJ's websites), but what I would appreciate is any pointers regarding what a reasonable cost would be and who would put it together, and more importantly how I alter the content without having to go through the web designers (if that's possible).

You don't have to be psychic or a genius (although the ability to read and understand what is been asked would help) to figure out from that I was looking for someone to say a reasonable cost would be x etc.

JTRS
    Last edited by JTRS; 24-11-2009 at 12:18 PM.

which you then qualified by adding "more importantly" changing the emphasis - this was dealt with quite well.

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs