Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mirror balls.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Darren what size balls are you using there? Need to order two that don't look too large on an overhead bar but have the desired lighting effect.
    I think it says 12".

Are you planning on putting them on the overhead on your DSB Neil? What overhead do you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    I think it says 12".

Are you planning on putting them on the overhead on your DSB Neil? What overhead do you use ?
    I got the Ultimax overhead kit when I got mine but I'm thinking because of positioning the pin spots I'll get a winch up t bar behind me and have one on each end with the pin spots underneath at an angle behind the booth.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I got the Ultimax overhead kit when I got mine but I'm thinking because of positioning the pin spots I'll get a winch up t bar behind me and have one on each end with the pin spots underneath at an angle behind the booth.
    I always think the 2 balls on a T Bar looks a bit odd. Like a broken pawnbrokers sign. ... not sure why.

I was thinking of getting an 18" ball and putting it on an atlas, Toby style and then raising it above me behind the booth. Then I was going to get 2 moving heads to shine up on to it for the slow songs. Possibly some light coming from behind the booth too but I don't really want it shining up into my face.

This would work better in a corner than against a flat wall. That's the bit I am struggling with at the moment as the room I need this for I don't have much depth for the lighting tripod. I could do with a flat base lighting tripod really, but I have only seen the ridiculously priced ones.

I always think the 2 balls on a T Bar looks a bit odd. Like a broken pawnbrokers sign. ... not sure why.

I was thinking of getting an 18" ball and putting it on an atlas, Toby style and then raising it above me behind the booth. Then I was going to get 2 moving heads to shine up on to it for the slow songs. Possibly some light coming from behind the booth too but I don't really want it shining up into my face.

This would work better in a corner than against a flat wall. That's the bit I am struggling with at the moment as the room I need this for I don't have much depth for the lighting tripod. I could do with a flat base lighting tripod really, but I have only seen the ridiculously priced ones.
    Yeah quite a few venues here have fairly low ceilings so getting all the options covered really. I might change how I rig things up once I've put it into practice and no doubt I properly will
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Just as a willie waving excercise.....

My gig last Thursday we had a 1.5m wide mirror ball above the dance floor. Now that was impressive

As the Hamster on the TV says "Big Balls"
    High quality bespoke wedding entertainment
    www.thepinkelephantcompany.co.uk
    part of 'The Pink Elephant Entertainment Company Ltd'

I went down to DJKit yesterday to have a look at their (Mirror) balls in the flesh. The 50cm one that I looked at was quite big but it was impressive in their showroom. I didn't get one but may do and I'd probably put it on the other side of the room to where I am set up.

Darren what size balls are you using there? Need to order two that don't look too large on an overhead bar but have the desired lighting effect.
    12"

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    12"
    Darren, are you still running the same when you get a mirror ball requirement ? That picture is about 2.5 years old. Cheers.

Darren, are you still running the same when you get a mirror ball requirement ? That picture is about 2.5 years old. Cheers.
    I haven't used a mirrorball in about 2.5 years.