Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Numark D2. Which HDD and format?

Default Numark D2. Which HDD and format?

I have now received my D2 and I am very happy with it

Unfortunately my external HDD is not accepted by it, only my flash drives. I have done the firmware update and that does not help. It is a Transcend Storejet 25 formatted in FAT.

Would formatting it to NTFS make it visable or do I just need to buy another HDD? To be honest I could do with another anyway so what drive would you recommend that is compatible and not too expensive? I only need 80gb.

When I get a new hard drive should I format it in NTFS and then run the library software on my pc to use the full search functions and then use flash drive for playlists and crates?

Sorry a lot of questions but I know that a couple of you are D2 masters.

Is it a powered hard drive?

I'm not sure if they need to be powered with the D2.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Is it a powered hard drive?

I'm not sure if they need to be powered with the D2.
    It does not have a seperate power cable if thats what you mean. It must take all the power it needs through the USB lead.

Quote Originally Posted by samuelchristian View Post
    It does not have a seperate power cable if thats what you mean. It must take all the power it needs through the USB lead.
    That might be one problem - also, NTFS might be the format you require but i'm sure someone will be along to let you know.....also have you RTFM?
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Aha, thanks a lot Tony you made me do some thinking there and I realised that the Storejet came with a USB lead which had 2 connectors on it, which must be to allow it to draw more power than just through 1 I dug out this lead and its all working nicely now even though it used 2 of the available USB ports on the D2

Thanks
    Last edited by samuelchristian; 30-11-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Aha, thanks a lot Tony you made me do some thinking there and I realised that the Storejet came with a USB lead which had 2 connectors on it, which must be to allow it to draw more power than just through 1 I dug out this lead and its all working nicely now even though it used 2 of the available USB ports on the D2

Thanks
    No problem.

..and thanks Steve

Yes I read the other threads about the D2 but got confused a little with so many opinions. The main bit I did not understand was that if I use a HDD formatted in NTFS which by the sounds of it is better for me as my drive is 250gb can I then store cue points, playlists and crates for the files which are on the HDD on a diferent media such as a flash drive?

Yes I read the other threads about the D2 but got confused a little with so many opinions. The main bit I did not understand was that if I use a HDD formatted in NTFS which by the sounds of it is better for me as my drive is 250gb can I then store cue points, playlists and crates for the files which are on the HDD on a diferent media such as a flash drive?
    Ask Vectis. He's the oracle. Format your HD in FAT32, and store everything you want on there. But: Backup, backup, backup, backup.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

FAT32 NOO! NTFS means it wont corrupt as easily if power goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    FAT32 NOO! NTFS means it wont corrupt as easily if power goes down.
    Callum, I'll give you three guesses what system a sceptical mistrustful old northern git uses on his, for that very reason. Vectis is a fan of HTFS+, though I've got no idea what it is.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk