Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Council Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco
    When the caretaker came up asking me turn the music down for the same reason. I quickly reminded him that If you leave the front doors open what do you expect.....
    call me old fashioned. (you're old fashioned) but i really get cheesed off when people come along & ask you to turn the music down or feel the need to complain about the noise.

It's part of the job we do to play music loud.. not being funny but what do people expect when there is a disco going on? People to be all sat round doing thier knitting with the DJ passing his headphones around the room in turns?

I know there are limits that are amicable to reach where we can all say that music is too loud, but as i see it a noise limiter can be tripped just from kids screaming & even at one gig i did I had a load of people shout "whoo hoo" who were stood near the box when i played Song 2 by Blur & just that tripped the limiter & later when i played Jump Around when 100 people were all bouncing around leaping up & down on the spot that tripped it. It's only the egotistic DJ's who turn up at a 80 person capacity community centre disco with a 5k rig & a dozen speakers & i have to say yes i know of a couple who do that but most sensible DJ's will turn up & keep the levels down & take what is needed & to do the job & nothing more.... however if an egotist turns up & bathes the city in bass then it kinda ****s the job up for everyone.

Every so often it's more than likely not the disco's volume level that is causing the problem, yet it is always a case of "that music is too loud" when people complain & even when you have limiters it just makes the job much harder not only because you have to watch your levels & that stupid box all night but added to the fact that you can keep a moderate low volume but if you get the crowd in a frenzy & they decide to wander off into the night screamin & chanting then that doesn't help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco
    Who in there right mind would allow planning permission for OAP flats to be built right next to a music venue???
    That'll be Cambridge City Council, who stick houses (that nobody can afford) up in any vacant space.

They are currently building 'Arbury Park', a delightful estate of 700 houses - right next to the A14.

heard about that really wise move, thought sainsburys were going there as well as an out of town bus depot??? things going housing direction yet again guess whom for Imigrants or scropulous rental kings namely the colleges.....LOL

Just got back from the wedding fair, but can now tell you that there was no sign of the council. However, the venue manager was so impressed with both my show, the music and my attitude, I am now her recomended show when clients ask! It all helps!

Limiters annoy the hell out of me and most of them are set when there are NO people in the room. So it sounds loud enough - but fill the room and they absorb the sound and background noise is increased and you cant hear the music at all.

Are limiters not wired into the system picking up the output levels so cant be affected by people singing along or bouncing?

Edinburgh, Lothian and the Borders.
    Email.
    [email protected]