Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Verse Audio Insider Range?

Default Verse Audio Insider Range?

Can anyone let me know if they have used Verse Insider Speakers? I am looking at getting 2 x active Insider 18" sub bins & 2 x active Insider 15" but can't seem to find anyone that uses Verse?
    thanks
    Nige
    www.dancebitz-roadshow.co.uk

Skytronic.... Surely you could get a decent HK Audio system for what you are going to spend on this stuff.

Ive heard good things about Verse though in all fairness
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Hi Nige

I had never heard of these boxes before so had a quick google to find out more.

The company appear to be a serious pro audio manufacturer, exhibiting at prolight&sound (Frankfurt) so that earns them a gold star.

I couldn't find an 18" sub, however the spec for the powered 15" sub looks pretty good at 135dB and weighing just 20kg. They are quite power hungry though, however being powered boxes that's more an observation than a criticism.

I wouldn't either be put off by the fact their distributor is one more commonly associated with distributing el cheapo disco gear. After all, a distributor is just a route to market and as (I imagine) a fairly new brand, wide international distribution coverage is of paramount importance to gain company/brand awareness.... which is probably why they're with whom they're with.

What would put me off these boxes then?

Firstly, the 50deg horizontal dispertion is rather on the narrow side for a single box on a stick over a sub, whilst being too wide to couple easily whilst avoiding comb filtering. This issue would become apparent when rigging the long aspect of a narrow rectangular space.

Secondly, the price. A lot of dollar for an unknown entity. I'd rather spend a bit more on an established, rider-friendly brand, or spend similar or less on some s/h known brand boxes.

One other point - assuming there are 18" subs (which I couldn't find), I'd be inclined to use 12"s over them rather than 15"s. There's only 4dB difference and the sound will be tighter.

Just my 2p.

Tony
    Last edited by A1DL; 08-12-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Thanks for all your advice, I am hearing the system tomorrow at Skytronics head office. I will let you know the outcome, yes they are very expensive but I am sure there is a reason behind this, plus the fact that system will then be 7K.
    Thanks
    Nige
    www.dancebitz-roadshow.co.uk