Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Flames, Snow and confettee!

Default Flames, Snow and confettee!

Please, no comments about the potential pitfalls of using any of these items, I do apreciate the risks!

Looking for the following, but know little about them, so advice on suitable units?

1. A pair of flame machines - something around 5 - 6ft I think, or is that to big or too small?

2. A snow machine - are the small cheaper ones any good and how larger room would they cover - or am I better hiring the big one from the shop down the road?

3. Large confetti cannons - not sure about these at all as have only ever used the cardboard tube thingumys

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I might be buying a pair of the Source V1 Flame effects for a gig in a couple of weeks so i'll let you know what they're like if i do. Think they're about £45 each new.. they use LEDs though rather than lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13
    I might be buying a pair of the Source V1 Flame effects for a gig in a couple of weeks so i'll let you know what they're like if i do. Think they're about £45 each new.. they use LEDs though rather than lamps.
    How tall is it?

For a moment there I thought the title of thisthread was refering to the wedding fayre! :teeth:

When you say large confetti cannons what do you mean? The cardboard tube type, are you refering to the hand held type?

BTW how did today go?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Catch up on recent posts before asking silly questions!

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

How tall is it?
    195cm according to the first webpage i found on google..

:embarasse :embarasse
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    Catch up on recent posts before asking silly questions!
    :embarasse :embarasse It didn't show up on my new posts :embarasse :embarasse
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

1/ I use the firebird flames, I say I use them, but in the last year perhaps only 3 times, because even though they look nice in the right setting they take out lots of light from the standards light effects, in other words there too bright, wish I hired them instead, but hey live n learn. Also use the small bobs they look good, but you have to keep the fans very clean or the silks drop. Lastly boodly kids touch the flames and get ther sticky fingers all over the silks (and there not cheap) and some knob who was drunk poured his drink on one to put the fire out. Apart from that there ok :teeth:

2/ I use the small source snow machines, got 2 off them and there are a good effect as and when needed even in a big hall, they drink the fluid like mad, but to use them I charge an extra tenner for the fliud and no complaints on that. Before I bought the source machines i hired a Antari snow machine, it made alot of noice was big and bulky and made the same amount of snow as 1 of the source machines, waste of time. Have seen a big version of the source ones but it was not working as the fan houseing was cracked and it cost too much to repair, but by all accounts when it did work it was like a blizzard and done a gallon of fluid in 10 min.

Plus if you dont use the snow machines for a while its best to flush out the pumps as the fluild dries like glue and is a mare to get working again.

Not used confetti canons, but who clears the mess up? :teeth:
    THE FUNKYMIKE EXPERIENCE
    Now up and running The funkymike experience, the next level......
    KARAOKE like it should be