Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken mirror on Dynatwin

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    last one i bought the mirror also came with the bracket attached
    Ah yes see what you mean, held on by two screws I think.

I will ask the DJ shop for a price to see if its worth mucking about.

CRAZY K

www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    Thanks thats very helpful.

I dont agree with the comment about how easy the mirrors are to break--they are very robust--I just kicked one accidentally during a Line Dance

CRAZY K

Definitely the easiest way by far is to buy the mirror with the bracket attached, that's what I did a few months ago.

Simply undo a couple of screws, take the mirror off, put the new one on, put the screws in....Sorted!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    Definitely the easiest way by far is to buy the mirror with the bracket attached, that's what I did a few months ago.

Simply undo a couple of screws, take the mirror off, put the new one on, put the screws in....Sorted!
    How much was the replacement part?

thanks

CRAZY K

PS I went past the Castle in Tamworth yesterday --unhappy memories

HAHA! I've got two weddings booked there next year, one of which is having LED Uplighting!

How come you were in Tamworth yesterday?

I think it was £12 inc. postage. Not too expensive, but dearer than just a mirror with no bracket.

The advantage is, it takes 2 mins to swap the mirror, rather than having to fiddle around taking the broken mirror off, cleaning the bracket, then bonding the new mirror back on.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    HAHA! I've got two weddings booked there next year, one of which is having LED Uplighting!

How come you were in Tamworth yesterday?

I think it was £12 inc. postage. Not too expensive, but dearer than just a mirror with no bracket.

The advantage is, it takes 2 mins to swap the mirror, rather than having to fiddle around taking the broken mirror off, cleaning the bracket, then bonding the new mirror back on.
    Visiting Paul from NISFO to buy a secondhand bit of 35mm rigging so I could repair my American Flag backdrop stand.

ok the Castle, be prepared for very lengthy and difficult access---two sets of stairs only about six and then another six but a pain and no lift plus quite a long way from road to the event room.

The only good news is you can set up outside the function room whilst they are eating, they do a very quick turnround so you need to get in quickly to avoid looking a muppet

You then have to park in the Castle Car Park which is down the road --aaaaaargh!

On the way out--I went to the side street which was quicker however you then get accosted by the Tamworth drunks---oooooh look its the DJ--make sure you have security of some sort.

The management are really helpful there.

CRAZY K

Alan
    Have you thought of buying a mirrored tile, cuting it down to size with a tile cutter, and replacing it that way??

I have a few mirror tiles, and as you know I'm in the process of a bathroom refurb. I'll have a smash.....errrr I mean have a bash at sculpting one for you

Or I have a few mirrors from old scanners, but they are twin mirrors set at an angle, so you would get a double pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    if you can get replacement mirrors for £5 from ebay as ollie says i would of go down that route but get some proper mirror adhesive (not worth cutting corners hear you don't want them to fall off at a gig) when we were looking i they were a lot more expensive then that, thats why we shopped around for different options. let us know what you do and how you get on
    I got them for about £8 a piece with the brackets. Just google around.

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I got them for about £8 a piece with the brackets. Just google around.

Julian
    OOOOh sounds good--do you know where Jules IM BUYING

Did you sort the Cortex buttons out?

CRAZY K