Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Companies that have not sent confirmation of PLI and/or PAT

Talking Companies that have not sent confirmation of PLI and/or PAT

Companies that have not sent confirmation of PLI and/or PAT???

there seems to be alot of companies that seem continually stuck in this section

in my areas alone ie

eastern there is 30
    london there is 34

Can we confirm that these companies are to

(A) produce their PLI
    (B) produce their PAT

How much are the MDA going to do too encourage the usage of the above requirements to the site. Now we are nearly 1 year old is it not time we insisted upon it, to become an advertising medium for the companies without it. seems totally contradictory to the MDA members requirements within the sites actual main backbone or aims?????

Hear, Hear Badger (or is it here?)

When I signed up I was impressed with the part that said if this documentation was not sent within xx days you would be de-registered.

Mind you, other directory sites have the same problem. Hopefully the paying public will soon be made fully aware of the PLI/PAT scenario, and choose us over the businesses which do not show whether they have this or not.
    Dazlin Disco

[email protected]
    www.dazlindisco.webs.com
    £5million PLI - All Equipment PAT tested.
    Covering Hampshire, and
    West Sussex

There was an online meeting of Mods & Admins yesterday & this was one of the things discussed. It's being handled, but please take into consideration that all the site Admin & Moderators for this site do it volintarily & in their own free time

The aims of the MDA have not changed, but I'm sure you'll agree finding the time to do things like this & run your own business cn be very time consuming, so be patient.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

And a good job you do too! :teeth:

I know you all work really hard to keep this site great, not demanding it be policed and people who don't provide documentation be kicked off at all

But hoping that our mission of getting the paying public to grips with PLI/PAT may get them to book us that show we have it over those who do not show. (...Well, we live in hope, don't we?) :teeth:
    Dazlin Disco

[email protected]
    www.dazlindisco.webs.com
    £5million PLI - All Equipment PAT tested.
    Covering Hampshire, and
    West Sussex

So glad that things are happening would also suggest a general update internet news letter on a regular basis ie in PDF form for all MDA members

that's all coming... have patience.

i can't say too much (in case a certain person who runs a certain website gets wind & nicks the ideas & then does the usual trick of claiming it's his idea) but let's just say there are BIG changes afoot which will be introduced over the next 12 months & it's all very exciting.

unfortunately, it comes down to that old evil called money & the early estimates are that Richie will be ploughing a lot of his own money into the site & hopefully this will be in more than the planning stages of shortly. At the moment he's rattling ideas around with a few developers who have coded sites on a similar system to the one we hope to have started working on to appear here in a few months. if you think the site is good now, wait till you see what's going to be happening.

P.S. if you have PLI/PAT & have a listing in the directory to say so, why make such a fuss what others are doing... if more people list with PLI & PAT it means you go further down the listing scale so enjoy it & reap the rewards, so stop all this name & shame business & look after yourself.

We can't force people to send papers (you can lead a horse to water & all that cobblers) & just because they have no ticks doesn't neccesarily mean they have no paperwork, just that they probably can't be arsed to send proof to enhance their listing.

but for those of us gone to the great expence of ensuring we have gone and done it. It don't bode very well for the association/directory if we are not seen pursuing those without it......

Do they like being seen as 'using that lovely metaphore' cowboys.... obviously they are lower down the list but people will still search for there nearest disco regardless of PAT & PLI so more enfasise needs to be placed upon the collection of this information, if it is not produced after 28 days then they should be knocked off the site or a simular exercise issue to stop them gaining work via us

I would say more emphasis needs to be placed on spelling & grammar or similar :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

My stuff has just been recertifed and i'm waiting for the new certificate to arrive - can someone remind me where to upload it/send it please?

Wait 'til tomorrow, the world's going to end later :teeth:

Are we talking the Vaildator sites, or on your listing on this one?