Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: song book help

directory tree list maker also does this for you

Quote Originally Posted by djliamuk View Post
    directory tree list maker also does this for you
    Hi there.

Please take a moment to have a read of this thread:- http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=11711

I look forward to reading your thread in the Newbies forum.

Quote Originally Posted by superdazdj View Post
    Karaoke songbooks....waste of time.

.make a mental note of what they asked for,and if it's worth it, get it for next time.
    No need, just place it in a playlist or waitlist within the program.
    If I'm talking to much, tell me to shut up!!

The views expressed by this member are solely his own and are not connected with the company he is representing.

If your after a songlist which you can print out and use ie: for karaoke i use "song list generator" if its a case of a list people have give you just save it as a word/notepad/what ever document and read it like that or do as Get Me A Dj said and add the songs to the playlist.

If all fails why not jot the MAIN requests down on a sticky notepad (20p loacally) and use that

Cheers Dave
    Dave

I don't think it's either helpful or professional to tell a punter to pick a song because there's no song books available. It also stinks of ''I've got a hard drive with 22,000 karaoke tracks on it'' if you know what I mean.
    When I used to 'be a punter' the book was most helpful as it was a printed prompter of songs that I wanted to sing (or at least try to).
    There are places on the net that will produce an Excel or similar file for you to take to your local printer. All you have to do is provide them with the names of the karaoke discs that you have - and pay them a nominal fee.
    I use Karaoke Song Book Creator as I find it comfortably accurate (the occasional duff line of data) and it's easy to use.

Default big,big song books or not??

Since I started off a few years ago,I now have all my karaoke on a hard drive. Literally thousands of songs but dont have any books for people to look at as there are too many songs to put in.
    It wasn`t a problem for a while as I only did karaoke as part of my mobiles if required. But I have now picked up a residency with karaoke being the main part of it.
    Do I go along with the... "don`t have books,as I have too many songs" or make a smaller book with e.g "sunhits collection only" ,as taster/reminder of singer/songs that are available?
    Making the books ( probably only 2 or 3 tho`) wont be a problem as I have KSLC songbook creator.
    I personally like to see books when going to places that have karaoke
    ......maybe its the fact i now have to spend so much time (& money) making up new books . The hours i spent years ago doing that!!!
    Whats your thoughts guys`.

Personally I feel a karaoke book is needed as it gives people inspiration.
    I don’t know if my way is the easiest but I use Excel, when I add to it, I add the songs at the bottom and then get Excel to resort the list.
    Printing wise I get it printed on box standard A4 and bind it with a Twinlock, I get a local printing company to print mine only because it saves me hammering my poor inkjet.
    Cost wise its about £10 for a set of four.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

Quote Originally Posted by cdkdisco View Post
    Since I started off a few years ago,I now have all my karaoke on a hard drive. Literally thousands of songs but dont have any books for people to look at as there are too many songs to put in.
    It wasn`t a problem for a while as I only did karaoke as part of my mobiles if required. But I have now picked up a residency with karaoke being the main part of it.
    Do I go along with the... "don`t have books,as I have too many songs" or make a smaller book with e.g "sunhits collection only" ,as taster/reminder of singer/songs that are available?
    Making the books ( probably only 2 or 3 tho`) wont be a problem as I have KSLC songbook creator.
    I personally like to see books when going to places that have karaoke
    ......maybe its the fact i now have to spend so much time (& money) making up new books . The hours i spent years ago doing that!!!
    Whats your thoughts guys`.

Sorry Karaoke without books isnt really a karaoke in my book. Its a right ball ache and I'm in the middle of doing it but its going to make the gigs run better and smoother so gotta be done!
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Sorry Karaoke without books isnt really a karaoke in my book. Its a right ball ache and I'm in the middle of doing it but its going to make the gigs run better and smoother so gotta be done!
    It’s a pain in the backside to set-up but its worth it!
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

I use karaoke list creater but I see they not very put to date with the releases of the karaoke IE database updates