Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are class D really that good?

Default Are class D really that good?

hi if you've read my posts recently i have been thinking of replacing the drivers in my cabs but why i'm in the festive spirit i've decided to treat myself to some new speakers.

Now i have read a few posts on here were people cant recommend them enough. but there cheap price makes me wairy. For the price they are can they really be that good and the power they offer. i dont doubt anyones veiws on here its just me i have to spend a week deciding and thinking about something before i buy it (mainly due to buying crap equipment in the past). I have got class D subs and so far so good with them so this is the main reason i'm thinking of class d so i have a whole class d pa.

I'm thinking of the CD15P which are plastic cabs, has anyone heard these.

Another option could be the peavy pro-15's these seem pretty cheap for what they are.

if anyone has any other class d recommendations something thats not to huge or any other advice it will be much appriciated thanks.

Hi mate ive had some class d 15's before the wooden cabs and i thought there werent that good at all but then i think it might have been the amp i was using wasnt strong enough for them, ive notice they are highly rated on here so im guessing it was my amp that was making them not sound as good.

Peter will be along in a minute. I did use them - very good IMO.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I currently have/run a pair of Class d CD 215 which i got for a bargain they sound brilliant in my eyes and ears, Paul from Spirits High has heard them but only when he came to my house so not a very good example i suppose lol

But i cant slate them i think class d are really good for what you pay, but as anything in life people never aggree about things so im sure others will be along shortly to mention the bad things about them lol
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by amplified View Post
    hi if you've read my posts recently i have been thinking of replacing the drivers in my cabs but why i'm in the festive spirit i've decided to treat myself to some new speakers.

Now i have read a few posts on here were people cant recommend them enough. but there cheap price makes me wairy. For the price they are can they really be that good and the power they offer. i dont doubt anyones veiws on here its just me i have to spend a week deciding and thinking about something before i buy it (mainly due to buying crap equipment in the past). I have got class D subs and so far so good with them so this is the main reason i'm thinking of class d so i have a whole class d pa.

I'm thinking of the CD15P which are plastic cabs, has anyone heard these.

Another option could be the peavy pro-15's these seem pretty cheap for what they are.

if anyone has any other class d recommendations something thats not to huge or any other advice it will be much appriciated thanks.
    Oh yuss. Can't remember if Justin's got 12" or 15" plastic tops. Perceived wisdom is only to use plastic cabs as Highs, ie with subs.( Having said that, the warriors I got from Penmare were excellent full range )

Consider CD12SP's or if you're fit strong and healthy, and wish to sometimes use one set of cabs only, the HUGE CD15SP's.

Peaveys are louder, but I prefer the Class D sound, it's somehow warmer and fuller. (Well at least it was in my demo room, when we compared them to Crazy's Peaveys)

As to low cost, well when I bought my first pair, they were half the price they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by markdj60 View Post
    Hi mate ive had some class d 15's before the wooden cabs and i thought there werent that good at all but then i think it might have been the amp i was using wasnt strong enough for them, ive notice they are highly rated on here so im guessing it was my amp that was making them not sound as good.
    The older plastic cabs were nowhere as good as the new ones. Also, they don't seem to mind having plenty of power shoved into them. On occasion I've really thrashed some of mine.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 15-12-2009 at 10:00 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

i have class d 15" jac i love the sound out of that

Cheers excalibur. Well as mentioned i have already got i think its the cd15n subs so hopefully the cd12sp's would go nicely with these.

I've had bad experience with plastic cabs as i bought some a little over a year ago from djsuperstore and they was qlx 12 inch. They have been nothing but trouble and i have found them terrable so i just dont want to make the same mistake again

Quote Originally Posted by amplified View Post
    Cheers excalibur. Well as mentioned i have already got i think its the cd15n subs so hopefully the cd12sp's would go nicely with these.

I've had bad experience with plastic cabs as i bought some a little over a year ago from djsuperstore and they was qlx 12 inch. They have been nothing but trouble and i have found them terrable so i just dont want to make the same mistake again
    They'd probably be my choice. Probably. Definitely if I only intended to always use subs. If you can possibly justify a trip to Mansfiled, then go and listen. If not, ring 'em and ask for their views. Be sure to tell 'em Codhead says he's due a set of free cabs for all the sales he's put their way.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Be sure to tell 'em Codhead says he's due a set of free cabs for all the sales he's put their way.
    Do you know what....it's like watching paint dry on this thread.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh yuss. Can't remember if Justin's got 12" or 15" plastic tops. Perceived wisdom is only to use plastic cabs as Highs, ie with subs.
    They are the 12" plastic cabs but I'm finding that I use the 15" wood ones more & more as the 12" do sound a bit 'toppy' when used with the passive crossover built into the subs.

When I get my next amp & active crossover in January, I'll try it with both and see which sounds best.

I can't fault them though and I too have thrashed them within an inch of their lives on a few occasions and they still sound as good as day 1. over 18 months usage and still am very happy with them.