Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Health & safety checklist help

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    I've worked in quite a few DeVere venues & have never even been asked for PAT or PLI, maybe it's a new thing, or they have venue specific rules.
    Yes, it must be a new (over the top) thing for this particular venue.

The most fussy venues I've come across before now have been Hilton Hotels, and all they require is copies of my PAT & PLI.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Presumably I just mark the bits about first aiders as N/A, although I'm not too sure how to answer the bit about emergency systems/procedures. It also asks me to define the equipment I'll be using for the event. Is this makes & models of everything, or something more general?

Any ideas?

Can anyone advise on these points please?

Hi folks,

I've been emailed a health & safety checklist from a venue where I'm working next Summer, and it's the most detailed I've seen. I'm okay with most of it, but I could do with suggestions on how to answer the following questions.

Thanks in advance.

Please provide copies of your emergency systems/procedures appropriate to the event (fire risk analysis/first aid policy).
    Comments:

How many first aiders will be available during the event. Please provide copies of certificates.
    Number:
    Comments:
    I wouldn't be too bothered about working there....its ridiculous.

Try and be flippant with it....Fire and Safety procedures.

"IN THE EVENT OF FIRE I WOULD EXPECT EVERYONE TO RUN AND SCREAM LIKE LIKE THEY DID LAST WEEK WHEN MY RIG CAUGHT FIRE..."

Health and Safety Procedures....

"Didn't realise it was a prerequisite of attending the party that you have a first aid certificate.....could seriously affect the attendance "

If they come back and say "We think you are takin the with this form"

You could say "You started it!!"

Do you really need that sort of work Rob??

FAF, but not really a good idea.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Why not just put "N/A" and see if you get a reply.
    If so then talk them through it.

I would suggest that you simply enter Not Applicable in the second field. Your contract is with the person who has booked you so any to and fro - ing between yourself and the venue should not jeopardise your booking.

With regards to health and safety, draw up a short list of procedures you would follow for example

1. Upon arrival check all entry and exit points to room.

2. Ensure set - up does not obscure any emergency exits.

3. Set - up in compliance with current HSE regulations as per terms of contract with event organiser.

4. In the event of emergency evacuation ensure all power is closed off and proceed calmly to the nearest emergency exit.

I can't see how they can argue with something like that?

EDIT:: I had a safety procedure document somewhere that covered set - up for large events like concerts. I'll see if I can find it because it seems like like it might be of use.
    www.themagicmusicdisco.co.uk

BECAUSE MUSIC MATTERS

Hi folks,

I've been emailed a health & safety checklist from a venue where I'm working next Summer, and it's the most detailed I've seen. I'm okay with most of it, but I could do with suggestions on how to answer the following questions.

Thanks in advance.

Please provide copies of your emergency systems/procedures appropriate to the event (fire risk analysis/first aid policy).
    Comments:

How many first aiders will be available during the event. Please provide copies of certificates.
    Number:
    Comments:
    Rob, first point--its Contracts you need to concentrate on.

YOU do not have a Contract with the venue.

These T and Cs apply to the CLIENTS Contract with the venue.

Dont waste your time.

The CLIENT is responsible for all this

The client should fill in forms and comply with Tand Cs by asking YOU about the bits that are relevant to YOU which would only be PAT, PLI and maybe a H and S assessment--NOTHING ELSE.

Nothing else has to be done by YOU.

Its simple--I had the same thing last week with an Xmas Party--I sent my PLI. PAT to CLIENT and told them to e mail it to the venue.

The Rodeo Bull had done that as well---well not personally

The venues threats of checking my PLI and PAT before entering the building did not happen--

I do agree clients need a lot of EDUCATION in this area and thats where you can ADD VALUE to your service.

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    These T and Cs apply to the CLIENTS Contract with the venue.

Dont waste your time.

The CLIENT is responsible for all this
    Crazy,

If you look at the accompanying email I received (as quoted in post #9), it's clear that they need ME to complete it (to their satisfaction) before I'm allowed to play at the venue.

I just find it strange that when I last worked at this venue they didn't even need my PLI or PAT certs, let alone give me any forms to fill in. I find it even stranger that when I did a wedding at a different De Vere venue last Saturday there was also no mention of PLI or PAT or any additional forms to fill in.
    Perhaps Sixty Quid Sid recently set it on fire with his dodgy gear, and didn'thave sufficient PLI cover to cope with the damage?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi Angela,

I know it looks like this form might be for the client to complete, but it's definately for me, as it came with the following email:

Hi,

I have been passed your contact details as I understand you are providing the DJ for the xxxxxx & xxxxxx wedding on xx xxx xxxx. In order for you to operate at Branksome, I need you to fill in the attached health & safety form, and return to me along with copies of your PAT certificates and the value of your liability insurance.

I would be grateful if you could return this to me in the next few weeks.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards

xxxxx xxxxxx

I just find it strange that when I last worked at this venue they didn't even need my PLI or PAT certs, let alone give me any forms to fill in. I find it even stranger that when I did a wedding at a different De Vere venue last Saturday there was also no mention of PLI or PAT or any additional forms to fill in.

Presumably I just mark the bits about first aiders as N/A, although I'm not too sure how to answer the bit about emergency systems/procedures. It also asks me to define the equipment I'll be using for the event. Is this makes & models of everything, or something more general?

Any ideas?

Well, all I can say is that their staff need some education as well (either that, or they need some new, and very different forms drawn up!). That form asks for the CLIENT's signature and so you can't sign it!

As for how to answer, KISS is my feeling. I think people have given you advice for most parts that are a bit odd, but on the point about whether they need a full list of kit in answer to that Q, why not just refer them to your PAT list?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Well, all I can say is that their staff need some education as well (either that, or they need some new, and very different forms drawn up!). That form asks for the CLIENT's signature and so you can't sign it!
    As for how to answer, KISS is my feeling. I think people have given you advice for most parts that are a bit odd, but on the point about whether they need a full list of kit in answer to that Q, why not just refer them to your PAT list?
    Angela, as a DJ of very little brain, I hesitate to contradict what you have posted, especially as I believe it is an area which you are familiar with. However, if I read this section correctly, they are asking the Client if they are having any of the activities detailed. If yes, then they have to first assess whether Jamesy with his loud music and 50% extra light show poses an unacceptable risk to the venue and guests, before deciding wheteher to allow him to perform.

" If you are carrying out any activities detailed in section B, De Vere Venues Group Health and Safety Manager will be required to assess the risk of the event along with the De Vere Venues Risk Brokers"

I take that to mean that they will contact any of the dangerous activity providers to ascertain that they are safe to be allowed into their venues.

PS: I said I was a DJ of very little brain. I tried to copy and paste the text for twenty minutes, and failed. I had to type it. Technology, grrrrr.

I remember back in the Good Old Days, when we just turned up, plugged in, and played. Ah, wasn't life simple then?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk