Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: 12" active speakers

Default 12" active speakers

Is anyone using W Audio 12" actives, if you are, what's your opinion of them? are they a serious alternative to 450 Mackies?, or are there better speakers on the market for the same sort of money?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Is anyone using W Audio 12" actives, if you are, what's your opinion of them? are they a serious alternative to 450 Mackies?, or are there better speakers on the market for the same sort of money?
    Not used either, but from what I hear, nobody who buys warrior cabs ever slates them. Apparently reliable and acceptable. Personally, I tend to favour 15" over 12", unless they're virtually always over subs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Not used either, but from what I hear, nobody who buys warrior cabs ever slates them. Apparently reliable and acceptable. Personally, I tend to favour 15" over 12", unless they're virtually always over subs.

Paul did use these at one point - very good speaker but not as good as the Mackie's IMO.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

FWIW I have the PSR15A's and they are great. Plenty up to 120 people and you can get away without subs unless you are playing lots of dance and rnb etc.

Heavy though at 30kg.

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post

Paul did use these at one point - very good speaker but not as good as the Mackie's IMO.
    I did have the 15's and they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    FWIW I have the PSR15A's and they are great. Plenty up to 120 people and you can get away without subs unless you are playing lots of dance and rnb etc.

Heavy though at 30kg.

The only downside was the weight of them but at least it saves on gym membership
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    The only downside was the weight of them but at least it saves on gym membership
    Not when you eat and drink like I do! lol