Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help/Advice Required

Default Help/Advice Required

Hi chaps

Looking at adding a Denon DNHD2500 (or a cortex) to the system to go digital. (just out of interest does anyone know if the DND4000 CD draw works with the HD2500 like the 4500 draws do.

Questions for those in the know.

I am looking for an external HDD and have been looking at Western Digital or Seagate drives at CPC. Any advice on the most reliable drive would be welcom.

I also need a usb HUB. Will need a powered one as no lap top to be attached as yet.

Next question is does anyone use the DNHD2500 with a lap top and DJ sofware. If so what would you recommend from a software point of view. PCDJ/ Traktor. Also any lap top recommendations in terms of speed, brand, etc. I want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Joining the modern age and leaving my now seven cases of CD's behind. Well cutting down to 1 or 2.

Thanks chaps, you help is much appreciated.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

i use a denon dnhd2500 with Serato. I have burnt the time codes and can use it as a controller and as a hd player. I would simply go for 8gb sticks rather than a hardrive.

Another option is a vestax controller and software. VERY portable and very effective. i think they come with itch?

cheaper option is the numark stuff.

Don't waste your time buying a CD draw as you will stop using it within a short space of time.

Any questions please ask.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Hi chaps

Looking at adding a Denon DNHD2500 (or a cortex) to the system to go digital. (just out of interest does anyone know if the DND4000 CD draw works with the HD2500 like the 4500 draws do.
    Nope.

Next question is does anyone use the DNHD2500 with a lap top and DJ sofware.
    Just to let you know, if you do use the HD2500 as a midi controller, the screen doesn't work on it, you have to use the screen on your PC/laptop.

I use the Denon HD2500 and would fully recommend it. I used a Cortex before (long story) and was unlucky to get a unit from a dodgy batch. Therefore it knocked my confidence altogeather with the Cortex brand. The unit was easy enough to use but in MY opinion, it was not in the same league as the Denon HD2500.

I have 2 x powered Seagate 320GB external HD's connected to a powered USB hub. (I think it's a Belkin).

Regarding the CD drawers, go for it. You will have CD backup there in the same flightcase should you need it. I have seperate Pioneer CDJ's for backup so I haven't forked out the dosh for the drawers.

One last thing - As I mentioned with the Cortex, I was unlucky and had a dodgy unit. It let me down on 2 occasions during big functions and I felt like an idiot. It knocked my confidence at the time. I went with it though and kept using the CDJ's aswell until I got the Denon because I could'nt trust the Cortex to work 100%. I have a mate who purchased a Numark D2 and has said the same kind of experience...(sorry Rob). With the Denon, I have 100% confidence in it and the only reason I continue to take CDJ's with me is because I still don't have everything on the HD's.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I use the Denon HD2500 and would fully recommend it. I used a Cortex before (long story) and was unlucky to get a unit from a dodgy batch. Therefore it knocked my confidence altogeather with the Cortex brand. The unit was easy enough to use but in MY opinion, it was not in the same league as the Denon HD2500.

I have 2 x powered Seagate 320GB external HD's connected to a powered USB hub. (I think it's a Belkin).

Regarding the CD drawers, go for it. You will have CD backup there in the same flightcase should you need it. I have seperate Pioneer CDJ's for backup so I haven't forked out the dosh for the drawers.

One last thing - As I mentioned with the Cortex, I was unlucky and had a dodgy unit. It let me down on 2 occasions during big functions and I felt like an idiot. It knocked my confidence at the time. I went with it though and kept using the CDJ's aswell until I got the Denon because I could'nt trust the Cortex to work 100%. I have a mate who purchased a Numark D2 and has said the same kind of experience...(sorry Rob). With the Denon, I have 100% confidence in it and the only reason I continue to take CDJ's with me is because I still don't have everything on the HD's.
    Thanks thats really helpful and answered every question.

I want the Denon as it will site well with DND4000 CD player and DNX900 mixer.

Seagate drives it is then and a powered usb Hub.

Cheers chaps. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks.
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Thanks thats really helpful and answered every question.

I want the Denon as it will site well with DND4000 CD player and DNX900 mixer.

Seagate drives it is then and a powered usb Hub.

Cheers chaps. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks.
    I would def suggest a stick too just incase (no moving parts or power requirements). Get the best hd you can get

I have a really neat case for it all which is very good (apart from the wires at the back:

Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    I have a mate who purchased a Numark D2 and has said the same kind of experience...(sorry Rob).
    No need to apologise, Gary. Your friend was clearly unlucky. Maybe he got a faulty one like you did with the Cortex. It happens.

After 25 years in the business, my D2 has been the most sturdy & reliable playout system I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I would def suggest a stick too just incase (no moving parts or power requirements). Get the best hd you can get

I have a really neat case for it all which is very good (apart from the wires at the back:
    Sounds like a sensible plan. Will get a couple of 8gig sticks and upload my main sets onto them.

Any advice on what sticks to get. In other words what do you use and I will follow.

I am actually quite looking forward to going digital. Thanks to the forum it is a much easier step as lots of good experience from you chaps.
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Does your Mac have a solid state drive then?

So not neat really then....

I stand corrected, it seems you can use the DN-4000 drawers.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    No need to apologise, Gary. Your friend was clearly unlucky. Maybe he got a faulty one like you did with the Cortex. It happens.

After 25 years in the business, my D2 has been the most sturdy & reliable playout system I've had.

My d2 has only made me switch to backup once in over two years. It hit a seriously corrupt mp3 file and took so long trying load it that the previous track ran out. Rebooted during backup track and all good. Removed and re-downloaded offending track offline. Sorted.