Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help/Advice Required

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    My d2 has only made me switch to backup once in over two years. It hit a seriously corrupt mp3 file and took so long trying load it that the previous track ran out. Rebooted during backup track and all good. Removed and re-downloaded offending track offline. Sorted.
    My only problem with my Cortex (3 years now) has been with ONE corrupted file which caused a problem ONCE--bit like Martin in this post.

Certainly Denon is in a different league---its also in a different PRICE league

If you want a bog standard play out with no frills--Cortex---if you want more options Denon--D2 not available now?

Hard drives have done me well over 3 years--Seagate all the way

I have just received an 120gb I pod for Xmas and thats got me thinking the Rob James method might be a way of avoiding the heavy Seagate HD and getting lightweight access to my collection.

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Questions for those in the know.

I am looking for an external HDD and have been looking at Western Digital or Seagate drives at CPC. Any advice on the most reliable drive would be welcom.

I also need a usb HUB. Will need a powered one as no lap top to be attached as yet.

Next question is does anyone use the DNHD2500 with a lap top and DJ sofware. If so what would you recommend from a software point of view. PCDJ/ Traktor. Also any lap top recommendations in terms of speed, brand, etc. I want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Joining the modern age and leaving my now seven cases of CD's behind. Well cutting down to 1 or 2.

Thanks chaps, you help is much appreciated.
    Denon comes with a 40gb hard drive built in - for a powered one I use Freecom - which every takes your pick, some people use a Maxtor, again HUB whatever you want really.

I don't use CD's and customers are told this well in advance - saves any problems.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I use a cortex infact I now have 2 of them and for what i do they are great. I also had a dodgy one to start of with, but after dealing with cortex (once i got beyond tehre crappy helpdesk at the time) the problem was very soon diagnosed and a replacement unit on its way with apromise of 100% refund if i wasnt happy.

that was over a year ago now and wouldnt swap it for anything else (but then as i dont need the options the donnon has why would I).

I used to use a harddrive (still take it a sbackup) but now use a 32 gig mem stick i brought from Argos a few months back - and altho i am currently struggleling with teh 30 gig limit on files (rest needed for cortex database) it is far better than the harddrive.

We all have different requirements for our setups and the way ion which we use them. My advise would be to goto your loacl disco shop and see if you can demo each of them to see which suits you
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Hi chaps

Looking at adding a Denon DNHD2500 (or a cortex) to the system to go digital. (just out of interest does anyone know if the DND4000 CD draw works with the HD2500 like the 4500 draws do.
    Thanks chaps, you help is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Nope.

Got to disagree there Daz, I used the 4000 draws with my 2500 for ages with no problems at all. only stopped using them because they went to Creature

I use a Western digital powered HD and a powered hub on mine.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Got to disagree there Daz, I used the 4000 draws with my 2500 for ages with no problems at all. only stopped using them because they went to Creature
    Another person who didn't read the whole thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Another person who didn't read the whole thread....
    Yes but two heads are better than one and both of you have now confirmed I can save space by shelving my DND4000 head unit and attaching my drawers (ooh err misses) to the HD2500 (as long as I can get one at the trade price I have been quoted )

I have to thank the forum for saving me so much time faffing about trying to find answers and possibly getting it wrong at great expense and wasted time.

You guys rock
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Powered hub is a must. Hard drives theoretically are fussy, but as long as you use WD/Seagate/Maxtor ( which I think share a common ancestry ) few problems arise. Powered drives also, for preference. Scrupulous tagging really helps.

Cortex for simplicity, Denon for total reliability and utter incomprehensibility to Cortex users, Numark DDS if you like pretty colours, and the facility to queue tracks up.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Cortex for simplicity, Denon for total reliability and utter incomprehensibility to Cortex users, Numark DDS if you like pretty colours, and the facility to queue tracks up.

...but over the last few weeks have learnt a few more tricks the Denon can do which the Cortex really would stuggle....i'm not talking spelling Peter...
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post

...but over the last few weeks have learnt a few more tricks the Denon can do which the Cortex really would stuggle....i'm not talking spelling Peter...
    And it still can't search as fast.
    Right, there's no argument the Denon is a far superior piece of kit, never in dispute. If I were going to replace a Cortex, I'd get a Numark though, not a Denon. It just does more of what I want, and can do.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And it still can't search as fast.
    Right, there's no argument the Denon is a far superior piece of kit, never in dispute. If I were going to replace a Cortex, I'd get a Numark though, not a Denon. It just does more of what I want, and can do.
    Each to thier own....and what your happy with.