Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding discos

Default Wedding discos

Open question which was asked by a enquiring customer the other day , she'd asked me to quote for an evening reception , which i did and got the gig , but she did ask why were most the quote's from other DJ's coming back at £300 plus , I dont know about you guys but i charge the same for weedings as birthdays etc , adjusting price for times/distants etc , the only thing i do differently at a wedding is what i were , smart suit+tie , i use the same sound system and lighting etc to perform , any thoughts
    One Life Live It

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I personally find Weddings usually take more time in preparation than general parties. But that said, I charge £300+ for general parties as well, if they're on Saturday nights - because this is the kind of figure you need to be charging if you DJ as a business, rather than for just a bit of extra cash.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Well I too charge extra for Wedding Discos. I often charge as much as £60.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

No I charge the same for whatever the type of function. And clients can buy extra's as they require them.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by shim2a View Post
    Open question which was asked by a enquiring customer the other day , she'd asked me to quote for an evening reception , which i did and got the gig , but she did ask why were most the quote's from other DJ's coming back at £300 plus , I dont know about you guys but i charge the same for weedings as birthdays etc , adjusting price for times/distants etc , the only thing i do differently at a wedding is what i were , smart suit+tie , i use the same sound system and lighting etc to perform , any thoughts
    I would charge more for a weeding depending on the size of the garden - i do not do japanese knot weed though

I charge more but include a pre wedding meeting at the venue and allot more attention to detail. It often takes me 2-3 hours out of my day to meet with the b&g which equals time for me and more money. I also do more admin to make sure key parts of the day are pre prepared. such as names of brides maids, best men, parents, main guests to join in the first dance etc bla bla.

i also turn up much earlier to a wedding as there are far more RESPONSIBILITIES to take in to consideration.

A general party is such a breath a fresh air as i can do what i want generally whereas with a wedding its a little more precise depending on the couple.

<<< 978 (almost)
    Last edited by yourdj; 27-12-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I put as much time & effort into each booking as required, regardless of the type of function, so everyone pays the same.

90% of my weddings involve no more time or effort than birthday parties, so I'd be out of order charging more simply because they had a bigger budget & could therefore afford to pay more.

For next year I have put my prices up. I'm becoming more confident in all aspects of the business and as one of my plans to improve and make the business viable, I'm going to set aside more time to concentrate on each event individually, whilest still maintaining my school work and social life.

For next year I have been quoting around £225 for a normal party but have a few weddings secured at £300.

In all honesty a wedding party will cost the same to pull off - Transport, Music, Equipment....but I have learnt that when it comes to weddings you can bang on a couple more quid. I know this isn't great business practise and could be deemed as "sly" but on the night I feel you have to be more "on the ball" and can be more stressful.

Oh goody another price thread.....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I put as much time & effort into each booking as required, regardless of the type of function, so everyone pays the same.

90% of my weddings involve no more time or effort than birthday parties, so I'd be out of order charging more simply because they had a bigger budget & could therefore afford to pay more.
    Really a lot of DJs I know would disagree--

Personally I find that the few Wedding Discos I am involved with always involve a lot more PREPARATION because of music choice by the customer and I dont blame people charging a bit more for the time spent including a customer /site visit possibly. I dont do that much but find invariably there are last minute changes to all the tunes. first song, last song the whole flippin lot in fact All taking up my TIME. Time is money etc.

This woukl be as opposed to a Football Club Disco where you just turn up and play what you think is right for the crowd plus requests
    on the night (if you have them)

Getting the clients music right on the night is often seen by the B and G as the most important feature---even if we all know sometimes they get it horribly wrong and the DJ has to sort the mess out--which is another reason why if you have the skill and experience to do that you can point out thats part of the cost as well.

Thats how i find it.

CRAZY K