Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Wedding discos

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Like everything, there's no right or wrong to this.
    You can turn up and play records or you can look to make the service you offer better and this can take the form of many different things.
    As someone said, some are keen to do this, others aren't, but I dont see how those who don't want to can argue that those who do should not be able to charge more for them.
    No right minded person can argue with charging more for extra services. They can argue with charging more for the bookings carrying the W word that require no more work than a disco in the Dog and Duck.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Danieleastwood.com View Post
    After reading a number of threads. This hits the nail on the head and comes back round to my, amongst others, thoughts that, your just a DJ providing a disco and not the planner, and this is why I struggle to see how a wedding should be harder work than a normal night.
    Not hard work as in getting people dancing---thats the easy bit---its all in the preparation and back office work that some offer and charge for their time---to coin a phrase on here---simples

Some DJs seem to put a lot more into Wedding preparation--and charge accordingly---whether you feel thats necessary is a matter of opinion and I think the major difference in views on here.

Still it gives the client a really good choice price wise so that cant be bad,

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Some DJs seem to put a lot more into Wedding preparation--and charge accordingly---whether you feel thats necessary is a matter of opinion and I think the major difference in views on here.
    My advance preparation time for a disco is about two hours, which is the same for weddings & non-weddings.

This consists of about 20 minutes answering their enquiry, taking the booking & doing the paperwork, about 40 minutes checking through their request list, downloading any songs I don't have and making up their requests into a playlist and about an hour synching my 3 ipods to the music on my computer & running the librarian software on each of them (although while the librarian software runs I can be doing something else).
    Last edited by rob1963; 05-01-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks to Rob for getting the thread back on topic.

The last couple of pages seem to have had more off than on topic posts

Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    My advance preparation time for a disco is about two hours, which is the same for weddings & non-weddings.

This consists of about 20 minutes answering their enquiry, taking the booking & doing the paperwork, about 40 minutes checking through their request list, downloading any songs I don't have and making up their requests into a playlist and about an hour synching my 3 ipods to the music on my computer & running the librarian software on each of them (although while the librarian software runs I can be doing something else).
    The difference is some people go out for a client meeting or even two I have read and therefore some spend more time than you do or I do Rob--thats why they charge more than we do---whether that is considered excessive or overkill is up to the client to decide---they pay

No criticism---just observation of a fact.

If the clients are happy to pay no problem--as long as the DJ can justify it which is where the thread started--I think.

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    The difference is some people go out for a client meeting or even two I have read and therefore some spend more time than you do or I do Rob--thats why they charge more than we do---whether that is considered excessive or overkill is up to the client to decide---they pay

No criticism---just observation of a fact.
    That's fair enough.

Even I sometimes have to go to client meetings, although only two or three a year...which is why I don't charge more for them.