Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any PC Gurus here?

Default Any PC Gurus here?

I'm having some serious issues with my PC. Occasionally my screen will start blinking, then go all pixelated. Rebooting doesn't seem to solve the problem. When rebooting it'll get to a certain point, then blue screen before restarting itself.

After several reboots it'll load up windows without any issues. After a while the issue repeats.

Anyone ever encountered anything like this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Hi There

If you can get access to another monitor try plugging this in first. This will help you to diagnose whether its the monitor at fault or something with the actual computer (for example the graphics card). I am by no means a PC Guru but at least the above will enable to you locate where the fault is coming from.

If its the monitor then as much as I hate to be part of a throw away society, the best thing to do is throw it away and buy a new one as they are so cheap. If however the problem persists then I would advise you taking it to a repair shop. Its probably the graphics card but if its not, you could end up replacing a good working order graphics card with another one and still have a mal functioning PC.

Good luck anyway!

Simon

When you say there is a blue screen, is it the one in the screenshot or has it got loads of numbers and say about checking recently installed hardware?

Gareth

Gareth Bird - Peterborough
    www.radiopeterborough.co.uk
    E-mail Me

Quote Originally Posted by DBSimon View Post
    Hi There

If you can get access to another monitor try plugging this in first. This will help you to diagnose whether its the monitor at fault or something with the actual computer (for example the graphics card). I am by no means a PC Guru but at least the above will enable to you locate where the fault is coming from.
    I use a dual monitor setup, and the issue is across both screens. I gather it's either the grafx card or motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwnparties View Post
    When you say there is a blue screen, is it the one in the screenshot or has it got loads of numbers and say about checking recently installed hardware?

Gareth
    The blue screen (or blue screen of death as it's more commonly known) appears only for a millisecond before the reboot...not long enough to read the text that it's showing before the reboot continues.

Is this a Desktop or laptop ?

Looks like a desktop to me,

if a desktop looks like your graphics card is knackered tiem to go buy a new one even if if its one built into the system board tou can over ride it with one in an expansion slot this will fix your problem

looking at those photos it doesn't look like a software issue as you are getting the problem at bios post test level of boot.

If its a laptop looks to me like a system board graphics card problem if so then try plugging into an external monitor, this might get around the problem but other than that its pretty much in need of system board replacement which could mean its cheaper to buy a new one.
    Digitalsounds Mobile Discos & Karaoke

You've Seen The Rest Now Book The Best !

www.digitalsounds.co.uk

Graphics card Shaun, same thing has happened to me before.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Graphics card Shaun, same thing has happened to me before.
    Errr thats i what i just said
    Digitalsounds Mobile Discos & Karaoke

You've Seen The Rest Now Book The Best !

www.digitalsounds.co.uk

It might be worth taking the GFX card out, extracting as much dust as possible, and re-seating it. Although, I'd guess you need a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    It might be worth taking the GFX card out, extracting as much dust as possible, and re-seating it. Although, I'd guess you need a replacement

That was the first thing I tried, the problem still persisted.

Looks like it's time for a new Grafx card. The current one is only 2 years old.

Cheers guys. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalsounds View Post
    Errr thats i what i just said
    Maybe it was more than just your opinion he was looking for.