Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream Job.

Default Dream Job.

I'm sure when you were a child you had dreams and ambitions, some which you have achieved and unfortunately others that have slowly faded away.

When I was younger, I was obssessed with the police force. I watched all the programs, read all the books, had the whole outfit for the occassional fancy dress party and I even visited a few local police stations, not forgetting the London dungeons.

Your going to laugh now, but all of a sudden my dream has come back and I desperately want to work for the police force...preferably a traffic cop. If you were to stereotype me, the idea of me becoming a "traffic cop" can seem somewhat amusing...but I'm actuality pretty keen.

I have even started watching around 4 episodes of Road Wars a day...rather sad as each episode is an hour long.

Another reason I posted this is because school want us to have a brief idea of what we want to become. Obviously those who want to go into medicine need to decide now because you need to learn science etc etc. I thought this was ludicrous. How are we supposed to know now, at 16 years?

What did you always want to do? What would you have liked to do? Maybe your happy now, but if you could what would you change?

I'm interested.
    Cheers.

Head tech in a theatre or something along those lines.

Hi charlie, i wanted to be a well known drummer in a band (and do all my own sound rigging) but i gave up. i just had to many complaints from neighbours and down sizes in the house (had to get rid of the drums). now Ive left school and college. Ive decided i don't want a fancy job, i want a secure decent income from something i like doing and have a nice home.

I would love to be a sound enginer for live bands though.

and remember if you work for the police your not permitted to have a second income.
    Last edited by Cj_The_Dj; 04-01-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Well Charlie, do I need to say what I want to do haha?

Ok, I will....I want to be an Airline Pilot.

However, I am thinking of going to live with my Dad, Step-mom and brother for a bit in Canada and training to be a Flying Instructor, until the time is right to try for the Airlines.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    Remember if you work for the police your not permitted to have a second income.
    Is that true? If so...you can forget that.

Without sounding snobby or up my own ar*e I'm determined to do something different or run a business that stands out from the rest. Something successful....I'm sometimes fortunate enough to visit some really lovely houses and have a small taste of the life of riley, which I rather like.

I guess money dosn't buy happiness and family, friend's, happiness and health are the most important ingredients to a good life.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    However, I am thinking of going to live with my Dad, Step-mom and brother for a bit in Canada and training to be a Flying Instructor, until the time is right to try for the Airlines.
    Go for it Scott! Do it now whilst your young. To live their for a few years would be an incredible experience. If you don't, I bet you will regret it in years to come.
    Last edited by Penfold42; 04-01-2010 at 09:43 PM.

I left school and went into catering - made 2nd Chef....but didn't have the flare or the zip to go further and also everyone I knew was out Fri/Sat...which is of course the days you need to work, so - went into engineering.

I trouble shoot now for the company I work for. I'm also the "technical" guru in the company I work for. I like it - i've seen most of Europe through the company and have had a great time......but time to move on again....
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I want to be a full time actor.

Nearly there...
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

I just wanted to be famous.

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

I just want to look older!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Is that true? If so...you can forget that.

Without sounding snobby or up my own ar*e I'm determined to do something different or run a business that stands out from the rest. Something successful....I'm sometimes fortunate enough to visit some really lovely houses and have a small taste of the life of riley, which I rather like.

I guess money dosn't buy happiness and family, friend's, happiness and health are the most important ingredients to a good life.

I'm Sure but not 100% certain. Didn't Ross quit DJ to join the force?
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992