Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Html Sitemap Text

thanks all.

the other problem that i had given up on, and to be honest id given up on the sitemap in html too before this thread sorted it (have a pbeer!) was I cannot verify my site on google webmaster tools etc as it needs either a metatag entry, placed in the head i think (but mine is a template to just add words) or enter as a html script - but again it gets confused about the body text and head.

any ideas id be grateful, although youve already helped a lot, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Follow each of the links at http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sit...e=off&filter=0 and you'll see what Google regards as a "page".

There are full pages there, some lists, and a lot of pages with just one image on them (example).

Within your site, instead of creating and linking to a page with just an image, you're better linking to the image url directly (http://www.crazyk.co.uk/images/weddi...instripes.jpg). The end result for the visitor is the same, and Google doesn't include it as a "page". It's also a lot easier to do - less pages to create and upload.
    Dont blame me--someone else created my site.

To be fair im not unhappy with website hits on this and other sites so perhaps I will leave well alone at the moment--I wonder if its anything to do with the words--competitive rates--- that I introduced after Xmas

I may speak to you about this when I next need some work doing Marc

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by DJ INDIE View Post
    the other problem that i had given up on, and to be honest id given up on the sitemap in html too before this thread sorted it (have a pbeer!) was I cannot verify my site on google webmaster tools etc as it needs either a metatag entry, placed in the head i think (but mine is a template to just add words) or enter as a html script - but again it gets confused about the body text and head.
    If you're on 123-Reg's Instantsite plus or pro then you might be able to use the script editor to add the necessary metatag to validate with Google.

This is just another reason why i don't recommend these sitebuilder type deals. You should never settle for anything less than full control over your own website!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I may speak to you about this when I next need some work doing Marc
    No probs!