Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone users - contract expiring?

Default iPhone users - contract expiring?

I took an 18 month O2 contract with my iPhone in July 2007 and it expires next week. So I set about checking into the offerings from Vodafone, Orange and Tesco. Tesco immediately failed as they're only doing PAYG.

Voda and Orange both have 'fair use' caps of 500MB and 1GB data, and their monthly tariffs are only pennies less than O2, so not good.

I can see no compelling reason to move from a 3G to a 3GS, so not interested in a new handset.

Rang O2 (0800 1313136) and now moved onto the NON-ADVERTISED "Simplicity 20 for iPhone" package. Basically 600 mins, 1200 text, unlimited web, wi-fi and visual voicemail, with a 1 month notice period, for just £20 a month from now on. Eligible to take any other upgrade with 1 month notice, so when the 4G comes along later this year, bingo!

Just thought I'd pass this on as they're only advertising a non-iPhone Simplicity 20 package right now, obviously hoping lethargy will keep folks on the old £30/£35 tariffs.

Most pleased as my old £30 tariff was only 75 mins/100 texts.

my wife wanted an iphone, but shes on an 18 month contract with orange ( ends in a may tho )

so I bought a brand new iphone off someone who had theres replaced under insurance and then got a new one with their contract .

so anyway, paid £300 for that,

paid £14 something to 02 to get it unlocked,

she's now using it with her orange contract

and then when her contract is up, she's gonna go an Orange Dophin contract, which is 200 minutes and unlimited texts for £10 a month !

so i think ive done the right thing by buying the Iphone outright.

PS> done a similar thing myself, I bought a secondhand 2G Iphone for £100, and I'm on 02 simplicity, £10 a month, 150 mins / 300 texts

which is enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    I took an 18 month O2 contract with my iPhone in July 2007 and it expires next week.
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Are you sure?
    See... that's what age does to you. Remember I'm one of the "love shack is early 90s" brigade...

As Darren rightly predicted, the contract started in July 2008

Likes a bit of accapello DJmissbehaving's Avatar

I also use an iPhone and I am on an 18 month contract too...mine ends on 18th April and I am going pay as you go..

Oh that looks perfect! Mines runs out in March.

Quote Originally Posted by DJmissbehaving View Post
    I also use an iPhone and I am on an 18 month contract too...mine ends on 18th April and I am going pay as you go..

check out those SIM only contracts,

i mean that orange one is brilliant, £10 a month, 200 mins, unlimited texts..

and also with a contract like that, you'll never suffer the embarrasment of saying you've run out of credit

I will never go with orange again... After being told I was a lying cheat! and there service is poor xD

thats the thing with mobile phone networks,,

you ask 100 different people which one is best and which is worst, and everyone will give a different answer

personally though, never had a problem with Orange or O2

now 3 on the otherhand....where do I start ))

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWood View Post
    check out those SIM only contracts,

i mean that orange one is brilliant, £10 a month, 200 mins, unlimited texts..

and also with a contract like that, you'll never suffer the embarrasment of saying you've run out of credit
    Keep a watch on the data caps though - I predominantly use mine for data, and 500MB or even 1GB/month just wouldn't cut it. Also, visual voicemail is very important to me.