Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disco in the House!

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    DJ "Maxwell House" only plays in the bedroom though, doesn't he?

Hope you're not trying to stir it ?

Should be OK with Ground loop isolator and Instant start
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    Hope you're not trying to stir it ?

Should be OK with Ground loop isolator and Instant start
    groan
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Good Evening People,
    The thing we have to remember is the power is fully dependant on the MCB/Fuse (under the assumption the entire board isn't being overloaded with stupid amounts being drawn, such as ovens, showers etc, all being ran at once).

The circuit is likely to have a 32A breaker for most circuits within the house.

I don't think it will blow or trip anything, unless you run a massive rig, on a general (non scientific) note.

IMHO, the only appliance (non faulty) that has tripped the electrics here, was a professional carpet shampoo company that ran a rather large looking machine, trolley mounted.

I did notice that the trolley had 2 mains cables and plugs running from it, but the operator only connected the one to the wall, and it tripped twice, straight away. So he went back to HQ to change it for another machine.

The Master has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    Good Evening People,

I don't think it will blow or trip anything, unless you run a massive rig, on a general (non scientific) note.
    Maxwell, you have failed to grasp my point. Even the smallest rig could be enough to overload a circuit if there is a lot of other activity on that circuit. In the case of a party in a private residence, it would not be unusual for the kitchen circuit to have 26a being pulled at times throughout the evening. Just a couple of kettles for coffee will pull 26a.

Also, when it comes to electricity, there's no "general (non scientific) notes", the laws of physics always apply.

IMHO, the only appliance (non faulty) that has tripped the electrics here, was a professional carpet shampoo company that ran a rather large looking machine, trolley mounted.
    When this happened were you by any chance having it large on the decks with your Jammos pounding the bedroom walls?

Also, when it comes to electricity, there's no "general (non scientific) notes", the laws of physics always apply.
    ?
    As a great and wise man once said: " Ye cannae change the laws of Physics"
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    As a great and wise man once said: " Ye cannae change the laws of Physics"
    Scotty - Star Trek - I fail to see the wise man angle
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 04-02-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: fixing quote brackets
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Good Evening People,
    The thing we have to remember is the power is fully dependant on the MCB/Fuse (under the assumption the entire board isn't being overloaded with stupid amounts being drawn, such as ovens, showers etc, all being ran at once).

I did notice that the trolley had 2 mains cables and plugs running from it, but the operator only connected the one to the wall, and it tripped twice, straight away. So he went back to HQ to change it for another machine.
    We're not worthy of your knowledge Maximus. You truly are the master of all things electrical.
    Steve

Maxwell, you have failed to grasp my point. Even the smallest rig could be enough to overload a circuit if there is a lot of other activity on that circuit.
    But wouldn't the DJ hook to the living room supply, or where the disco is taking place, which is definately going to be on a seperate circuit, and it would be unusual for other appliances to be running in that room during a wedding reception.

When this happened were you by any chance having it large on the decks with your Jammos pounding the bedroom walls?
    nope, this was years ago (about 1999)

But wouldn't the DJ hook to the living room supply, or where the disco is taking place, which is definately going to be on a seperate circuit, and it would be unusual for other appliances to be running in that room during a wedding reception.
    You will always find him in the kitchen at parties.
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 04-02-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: fixing quote bracket

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    As a matter of personal choice I prefer to run sound and lighting off different sockets anyway.

From the house parties I've done in the past (there have been a few despite the fact I'm not a big fan of them!) I've never had a problem with power supplies. I think you'll be alright!
    same here.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk