Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: make changes to your listing

Default make changes to your listing

Does anyone know how to make changes to their listing as i have tried for over a month and cant seem to get anyone to come back to me

I think you have to contact one of the Admins on this site in order to do this.

The administrators on this site are:

1) Admin
    2) Corabar Entertainment
    3) Reemicks Disco
    4) Solitaire Entertainments Ltd
    5) Wolfie

Mobile Disco Directory Administrators & Moderators

If you use the link above, there is a function that allows you to send a PM to the admins and mods on this site. In doing so, then they should get back to you in quick response.
    :teeth: Scott :teeth:

Roadie/DJ for The Sound Factory,
    operating in the Midlands, covering counties throughout the region

Quote Originally Posted by groovemasters
    Does anyone know how to make changes to their listing as i have tried for over a month and cant seem to get anyone to come back to me

I have also been experiencing similar problems... so I have now PM the admin. Will just have to wait and see if it works.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to contact someone... maybe the website should look into a different system to submit changes/edits to listings which would make it easier for us and for the admins. I would think a simple webpage with a form on it would work perfectly or would it not?

www.LazerDJs.co.uk

DJ Hire | Mobile Discos/Clubs | Sound & Lighting Hire | PA Hire | Band/Theatre Lighting | Intelligent Lighting | Lasers | Atmospherics

Quote Originally Posted by lazerdjs
    I have wasted a lot of time trying to contact someone... maybe the website should look into a different system to submit changes/edits to listings which would make it easier for us and for the admins. I would think a simple webpage with a form on it would work perfectly or would it not?
    Well, i would imagine that the admins are always looking to make improvements to this site, and i do agree that an easier editing process would be better for both parties concerned. Maybe a review is needed of the methods in how to make changes to a listing.

However, if a form was to be created as the answer, changes wouldn't be imminent as the admins would still need to process them in order to check if everything is in order, complying with the rules and regulations and filtering out any spam that may be present.
    Last edited by dj_ags; 20-06-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Wrong Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    There is now a dedicated help team to handle the running of this site. This will be changed from time to time but here is the list of site admins and each role they are currently undertaking.

Please remember that they have volunteered their time so please be patient with your requests. By volunteers giving their spare time helps keep the site free for all users.

New uploaded PLI & PAT Submissions - Corabar Entertainment (Angela)

Directory listing changes, image uploads and site maintenance - Wolfie (Ian)

Expired PLI & PAT administration - Reemicks Disco (Maree)

Posted PLI & PAT Submissions - Admin (Richie)
    So from looking at the above, you will need to PM Wolfie in order to make changes to your listing. In doing so, it should be processed in a couple of hours all being well!
    Last edited by dj_ags; 20-06-2006 at 08:45 AM.

Sorry if things take a while and some of you feel you are wasting your time, but as previously mentioned, anyone who helps out on this site does it on a voluntary basis.

We do actually have our own work to do as well as our own lives to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by groovemasters
    Are you talking about changes to your listing on the MDD Directory? PM me with any changes you need carried out
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerdjs
    I have also been experiencing similar problems... so I have now PM the admin. Will just have to wait and see if it works.

I think you have PM'd all of us, haven't you? We'll get it done for you today.

There have recently been some improvements instigated to the processing of queries / uploads: dedicated admins have been appointed to deal with different aspects of the administration, rather than all dealing with everything. This is to try and avoid any 'left-hand, right-hand' issues!

A dedicated upload site for the PAT and PLI uploads has been created here: http://www.admin.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk.

Richie (the Webmaster and Site Owner who provides the hosting and everything else for this site out of his own pocket) has now also instigated a 'webmail' account, so that all general emails can be viewed and dealt with by all of the admins: previously, all the general emails sent to the site were landing on Richie's doorstep - along with all the postal submissions, and much, much, more - and it is far more than one person could deal with.

Most of the problems have arisen out of the fact that the site has grown and grown, and obviously systems have had to be adapted to suit the circumstances. Without saying too much, there is now a possibility that Richie will be giving the site a complete overhaul in the next 6 months, with a much more flexible system that can be better adapted in the future to suit our needs as the site grows further.

I understand that members used to be able to change their own listings but this was removed due to abuse?. What occured to bring on not being able to edit our own details?.

Could being able to edit our own listings be introduced again to those of us that have paid for a sponsored listing....maybe with strict guidlines in place to rectify whatever problem was once faced.?

While we are on the subject of makiong changes, can LaserDJ's please alter his signature, it is in breach of forum rules.

you are allowed 3 text lines only or a banner & single text line#, although listing areas is also acceptable as a extra additional line
    http://www.galeforcekaraoke.co.uk/as...banneranim.gif

MDD Member - because the best things in life are free to read

I'd just like to add:

I've changed my listings (as well as my username) several times and it's always been done really quickly.....THANK YOU Angela & Wolfie for the prompt action.

All the site staff are volunteers that give up their spare time to provide a service for us all. If things take a while to get done it's because they have a life outwith the MDD community. Give the staff some time to get around to it and they'll always help you out...and always remember to thank them when they help.

*steps off soapbox*
    Last edited by Shaun; 20-06-2006 at 11:58 AM.