Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social networking sites

Default Social networking sites

Sorry in advance Angela if I've posted this in wrong section But does anybody on here use facebook,twitter or myface as Jeremy Clarkson calls it?

The reason I ask is I havn't got a clue how they work. I'm not really interested in contacting so called long lost friends. If they were good friends I'd still be in touch with them.

However I've been told rightly or wrongly they can be awesome tools for bringing work into mobile discos etc. If so how would I get started? as I said earlier I havn't a clue. I'm off for client meet with a B&G now for a wedding I'm doing in march, but I'll come back to this later tonight

Many thanks good people

Steve

facebook reconnecting you with all the freaks you tried really hard to ignore at school !! from experience i tried using it for business and it wasnt really very successfull , however that was before it came up on search engines , maybe worth having a page as its free , and it could be usefull for testamonials and refrences from previous clients ............... however remember it is not moderated so you would have to be very vigilant with it and check it regularly to make sure some numpty at 3am on a saturday morning doesnt think "daves disco smells of poo" is an amusing wall post.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

not had anything from the facebook stuff. Could be handy for 18ths if you get yourself tagged in photos I guess...
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

i don't use it for advertising but for long lost friends (who use it) its fine - you can nail down how private you want to be

I use facebook and twitter.

I have a facebook page, like posted above its good if your tagged in photos which I have some time back. and Twitter is just for posting random poop lol.

Personally I'd be very sceptical of the idea of using Facebook (et al) to promote a disco (or similar) business, both as a DJ and from a customer perspective.
    Although using the photo/video uploads to show to potential customers could be of benifit, Flickr would be the 'professional' way to do that.

As a social add-on to the disco then yes, definately. Great for fellow DJ's to brag to each other And DJ's to share the DJ part of their lives with friends who otherwise don't see that side of you. You may even make new aquaintances at gigs, be they the hosts or guests and Facebook would be a good way of shareing memories of a party, swapping pictures and so on.

Edite to add: In fact if anyone is remotely interested: http://www.facebook.com/#!/sleah?v=info&ref=profile there's some random disco rubbish in the photo and video sections of my profile.
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

I use facebook for social purposes and have a page for the roadshow. Had a few jobs for old friends come off it.
    Its not a marketing tool as such. Just happened to be old friends trusted us to do the work.
    However, a chain of events including friends reunited many years ago has led to a considerable amount of work for one family and everyone they know.
    The power of being sociable.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

I use Facebook, Twitter, Myspace & Youtube. Links on my homepage.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by visualdjmax View Post
    I use Facebook, Twitter, Myspace & Youtube. Links on my homepage.
    Hi Max I've just clicked on to your facebook link. Doesn't look too bad.
    My initial scepticism is starting wane. Have you had any work off it though? I'm guessing you have judging by the work you look as though you've put into it.

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    Hi Max I've just clicked on to your facebook link. Doesn't look too bad.
    My initial scepticism is starting wane. Have you had any work off it though? I'm guessing you have judging by the work you look as though you've put into it.
    Not that I am aware of. It's more to post pictures from events so that clients and tag themselves in etc.