Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Yes.

As I said, if it saves one child, then it is worth it.
    Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in this country. For a small cost I could buy a new identity (with the correct contacts). Someone could with the right documents buy a clean identity and walk a horse and cart through the system (the banks lose millions from it and they are more organised than government agencies). The worrying thing is as they had some clearance that nagging doubt called instinct might just be bypassed.

Stop rehousing them in our communities as rehabilitated!!!!!!

I mean they don't even know who's coming in and out of the country at flipping border control.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

No politics please.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    No politics please.
    Noted.

Edit - sorry if my response seems rather curt there, its just my usual professional protocol when a point is agreed - it is short for "that point is noted and agreed". Read it back and could be taken out of context.
    Last edited by NKR; 08-02-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Anyway.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    My question is, has anybody looked into it is any great detail yet / actually made enquiries of the ISA? and, if so, what was the outcome?
    It's whether or not the DJ is conducting a regulated activity is the question. If no-one has looked into this yet, I think I'll bounce an email off to the ISA for clarification.
    Just to let you know that I've bounced an email off to the appropriate body and had an automated reply saying I will receive a response within 5 working days.

I'll report back here when I've received the response.

Well, the ISA have been exceptionally efficient and speedy with their response, and it's good news (only required if you visit the same specified place frequently:-

Thank you for your recent email.

Registration will only be required if you visit the same specified place on a frequent or intensive basis.

Specified places are - schools, adult care homes, children's care home, children's detention centre, childcare premises including nurseries, children's hospitals, children's centres.

Frequent - once a week or more
    Intensive - 4 days in 1 month.

If this is not the case registration will not be required.

I would also say there is a difference if a DJ is a children's entertainer or not.
    One who is an entertainment is going to have closer contact with the children, as is the very nature of their job, than a DJ who just stands behind a console ....errrr DJing.

I know of a local children's balloon modeler(sp?) who is CRB'd through an umbrella company (sorry don't know any more than that) so I would expect someone who DJ's as part of their children's entertainment act to fall in the same category.

Does that make sense???
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Well, the ISA have been exceptionally efficient and speedy with their response, and it's good news (only required if you visit the same specified place frequently:-

I'm confused now....

Does the fact that we don't need the new licence also mean we don't have to be Police checked now.....legally??

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    I'm confused now....

Does the fact that we don't need the new licence also mean we don't have to be Police checked now.....legally??
    It's my understanding that DJs in general don't need to be CRB checked.

I could be wrong, though!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

ISA is replacing CRB.

There was no legal requirement for you to have CRB, and, unless you fall into the above criteria I've quoted, there will be no obligation on you to be ISA registered

ISA is NOT replacing CRB

ISA is intended to give a quick overview of prospective harm. Unlike CRB it does not provide detailed background infomation to the employer to ascertain previous convictions.

ISA is a a prior to full CRB, so to speak.

To go into a bit more depth, everyone who applies via the ISA will complete an application form. The ISA will forward the form to the CRB, who will then release that relevent info back to the ISA. It is ISA who will then make the informed choice whether to allow the applicant to work with children.

This vetting and descision making is called the VBS, vetting and barring scheme.

This is my area of expertise in my day job, and as i get more info ill keep you all updated.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.