Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chauvet ShowXpress/Sweetlight Users

Quote Originally Posted by OllieJames View Post
    Had thought of replacing my 2 barrel scanners with an EFX500. They're pretty pricey though
    Give me a call next week Ollie, will have a used EFX up for grabs
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    Give me a call next week Ollie, will have a used EFX up for grabs
    Nice one! Will give you a call late next week
    Last edited by OllieJames; 18-02-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

After a bit of confusion with ordering - I've now ordered this instead!

Will let you all know how I get on when it arrives on Tuesday.
    http://www.gear4djs.co.uk/product/SH...USB_DMX_J34661

Right:

I only have four lights on a tbar (2 triphase, impossiled & sigma). i also have about 15 par cans. can i run these at the same time too?
    I intend to control the lights via wireless dmx or at least cable at first.

Im using a mac but can run fusion (mac version of windows). Will this work? Dot see why not but worth asking as Denon did not advertise the lack of mac interactivity when i bought a dnhd2500 when it came out.

1: Firstly how easy would it be to use whilst also running serato on the same laptop. i have a function that immediately wipes the current program out the way and goes straight to fusion and vice versa. its more than fast enough operating speed too. i often run itunes and can use the two with no hassle.

2: Would MY DMX suffice or shall i get the better program. can i not use the mydmx dongle for the chauvet thing (im sure there is copy right infringment with Mr Cowell there ) I only intend to get a couple more lights when led technology invents something good

3: How big is the box. is there an alternative?

Just asking as i have a feeling im going to get into bigger event management at some point so moving head control etc.
    would be useful

thanks
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    http://www.gear4djs.co.uk/product/SH...USB_DMX_J34661

Right:

I only have four lights on a tbar (2 triphase, impossiled & sigma). i also have about 15 par cans. can i run these at the same time too?
    I intend to control the lights via wireless dmx or at least cable at first.

Im using a mac but can run fusion (mac version of windows). Will this work? Dot see why not but worth asking as Denon did not advertise the lack of mac interactivity when i bought a dnhd2500 when it came out.

1: Firstly how easy would it be to use whilst also running serato on the same laptop. i have a function that immediately wipes the current program out the way and goes straight to fusion and vice versa. its more than fast enough operating speed too. i often run itunes and can use the two with no hassle.

2: Would MY DMX suffice or shall i get the better program. can i not use the mydmx dongle for the chauvet thing (im sure there is copy right infringment with Mr Cowell there ) I only intend to get a couple more lights when led technology invents something good

3: How big is the box. is there an alternative?

Just asking as i have a feeling im going to get into bigger event management at some point so moving head control etc.
    would be useful

thanks
    I think there's a mac version of ShowXpress?

ShowXpress would enable you have to scenes for your t-bar mounted lights that are COMPLETELY seperate to your uplighting. This means you can have the t-bar lights going mad, when the uplighting is static/slow fade and vice-versa. In a nut shell, it can run multiple scenes at the same time which is a great plus IMO. MyDMX is dump compared to ShowXpress and Daslight as it doesn't have S2L and it can't run more than 1 scene at one time (like hardware DMX controllers).

In answer to your questions:

1) It'd work - but not advisable just incase of a failure of ShowXpress that could potentially affect Serato and vice-versa. I use a PC for VDJ and a laptop for ShowXpress.

2) For you, MyDMX may work BUT for an extra small fortune, ShowXpress is more versatile. As you guessed, you CANNOT use the ADJ interface with ShowXpress.

3) Yes, Daslight - but it's a lot more expensive! The box is small, approx 5" wide, 4" deep and 2" high.

By buying the interface you linked to (the one I have) you have all 512 DMX channels (1024 if you link two boxes) which would enable you to run much more additional lighting you buy in the future. All in all - I think the X-Factor interface would be a good investment - it has been for me
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

All in all - I think the X-Factor interface would be a good investment - it has been for me
    Glad to hear you are getting on well with the unit Ollie! Thanks again for your business

Gear4DJs.co.uk - Suppliers of Professional Sound and Lighting Equipment

I think there's a mac version of ShowXpress?

ShowXpress would enable you have to scenes for your t-bar mounted lights that are COMPLETELY seperate to your uplighting. This means you can have the t-bar lights going mad, when the uplighting is static/slow fade and vice-versa. In a nut shell, it can run multiple scenes at the same time which is a great plus IMO. MyDMX is dump compared to ShowXpress and Daslight as it doesn't have S2L and it can't run more than 1 scene at one time (like hardware DMX controllers).

In answer to your questions:

1) It'd work - but not advisable just incase of a failure of ShowXpress that could potentially affect Serato and vice-versa. I use a PC for VDJ and a laptop for ShowXpress.

2) For you, MyDMX may work BUT for an extra small fortune, ShowXpress is more versatile. As you guessed, you CANNOT use the ADJ interface with ShowXpress.

3) Yes, Daslight - but it's a lot more expensive! The box is small, approx 5" wide, 4" deep and 2" high.

By buying the interface you linked to (the one I have) you have all 512 DMX channels (1024 if you link two boxes) which would enable you to run much more additional lighting you buy in the future. All in all - I think the X-Factor interface would be a good investment - it has been for me
    iT does work with mac. Thanks. Nice to have control of multiple fixtures.

for anyone looking at lighting control just found a good forum:

http://forum.thelightingcontroller.c...54d64388743e54
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    iT does work with mac. Thanks. Nice to have control of multiple fixtures.

for anyone looking at lighting control just found a good forum:

http://forum.thelightingcontroller.c...54d64388743e54
    Thats the forum for ShowXpress. I would highly recommend, the support is excellent and as Ollie mentioned it does have huge advantages over MyDMX
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by gear4djs View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting on well with the unit Ollie! Thanks again for your business
    No problem, Olly! Thanks for great service!
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK