Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 12" or 15" tops.

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    or get the QSC K12s and Hpr151i like me!
    cost was approx 2k
    Little bit more than that surely - unless you got a bargain

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Is that an ex.VAT price? I could do K12s at £700 each, and the KSub (which I think superceeds the HPR151) at £950 all inc. VAT and thats cheaper than any retailer I can find
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

one of our Dj's uses the 15 inch opera's along with two db sub 15D's. It sounds pretty good to me although the 18 inch subs would seem better matched to the 15 inch tops to me. Looks nice too!

I use the RCF 722a's with the Db sub 15D's - the RCF cost a lot more than the 15 inch db tops but there's not much to pick and choose in terms of performance. I think though that the bottom end of the DB Opera's is not as good as the 12" RCF's - the data sheets seem to back this up. So, 15" opera's would seem to be the right and most economical choice.

That's vat inclusive from a dealer in Dublin who imports direct from QSC/Shure Uk. Yes, the Ksub supersedes the hpr151i but it's not as good and I haven't the room for 2 Ksubs so went with the heavier hpr.

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    If they are in good condition (all drivers working) and you're getting the 802C processor for £325.00 then, what are you waiting for? If you don't like them, you'd be able to ebay that little lot at a profit.

The 802 is not an efficient box (91dB 1w/1m) so 113dB ish max assuming a little power compression. However as previously mentioned they do have very wide horizontal dispertion and a pair would be good for those numbers in most rooms for moderate levels, and used with an LMS and the PD156s underneath would see you OK for dance music levels at a small party. What type of boxes are your PD156s in? If they're not reflex, then you'll want to delay the 802s to them.

Powerdrive do a nice flying frame for the 802 which will be better suited to your needs than the Bose SB8 bracket which needs additional hardware to complete the rigging.
    http://www.mypowerdrive.com/asp/cata...code=FYB%20802

Hope this helps

Tony
    well i got them and well some of the drivers were coroded so im getting a full refund.. anyways im still looking for a small pair of speakers.

do you know whats these like http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Logic-System-i...item53e003d1f7
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992