Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traktor LE v RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Gentlemen please

This is getting way out of my league , I take it that no one has had a play with RPM ,and comparing it with Traktor , which is what the topic is about

Daryll
    No mate, I can't compare it to RPM, I can to most of the rest (including VDJ) but not RPM - I think my opinion is well documented
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMusic View Post
    And there's no need to repeat that it is a mobile forum for DJ's
    Well there is, because I don't think your comparisons and opinions are really aimed at our market in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Well there is, because I don't think your comparisons and opinions are really aimed at our market in this forum.
    A comparison is a comparison. There is a very close similarity between the two whether you think it is aimed at the market for the forum or not. And that particular post was aimed at you all I did originally was offer my opinion on one piece of software.

You clearly have beef with anything that isn't 100% targeted at the mobile market.

Do you mean my opinions in general or in this thread? Whatever, I don't see how you can come to that conclusion merely because I referenced a comparison outwith the mobile industry.
    www.themagicmusicdisco.co.uk

BECAUSE MUSIC MATTERS

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMusic View Post

You clearly have beef with anything that isn't 100% targeted at the mobile market.
    Not a beef, I just like to try and keep things relevant to this forum.

It is a good resource for DJs, new and experienced and I like clearly defined information and sources for it. If I feel that the information is a bit like "Well my mate says it is, so it must be true" (extreme example), then I try and find out where the facts are coming from.

I did not to set out to disbelieve you or anyone else, merely to find out where the info comes from.

The LE stands for Light Edition, so your not getting all the benefits from the software. I'd class it more of a trial edition than the real deal.

A comparison chart can be seen here http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...r-le/?page=662
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

Not tried RPM (it looks hideoous by the way), but I have been trialing traktor for a couple of months now and did a full gig with it a couple of weeks ago.

Once you get your head around how it works, it's actually very good. You can simply crossfade mix or let it help you with syncing and beatmatching, whilst still being in control of the mix. Setting cue points upfront is a god send, as you can DJ without headphones, as you know the track is in the right place. Playlists help you setup a set for a party or just lump songs that work together into a list.

Traktor Duo Upgrade from LE is going to cost you about £50. Pro Upgrade about £100. The comparision is already linked to above. Note that LE does NOT have the useful 'Cruise' feature which is great for the start of the night, buffets, toilet visits etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    . Setting cue points upfront is a god send, as you can DJ without headphones, as you know the track is in the right place.
    I did a video on that a couple of weeks ago

p.s. I do use headphones when working
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

I use a variety of software for different purposes and I do like using Traktor Pro (even though a lot of the features are way above my head) as I like the way I can mix pretty good on it in a live environment. Other software (such as VDJ which I use for karaoke nights) doesn't give me such fine control.

In all honesty, I've never heard of RPM (I use BPM on the XP systems from time to time) and I've never heard of Gizmo Labs either. But, on the belief that you get what you pay for, I can't see a £40 application providing anywhere near the functionality that I want from a DJing package. However, I'm open-minded so would be happy to be convinced otherwised!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I'm interested in giving RPM a shot instead of VDj with my HerculesRMX. I like this line from the blurb - "Once you have RPM, you'll experience one of the nicest music libraries in the market." Nicest!

Ok , it seems that many have not herd of RPM.
    Basicly RPM is PCDJ Reflex , taken to the next level , developed by the same guys , RPM takes over where Reflex left off , so there's some pedigree there , at the moment it is cheap , but dont hold your breath , the price will increase,
    It has favourable reviews over at the Denon forums.

not sure if I am allowed to link to another forum , please delete if it is against the rules.

http://www.denondjforums.com/forum/i...rb_v=viewtopic

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex