Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Domain name extensions

Default Domain name extensions

Does anyone know of the impact of the various extensions have on google results, in particular, would a .biz or a .uk.com perform worse than a .com or .co.uk extension? assuming all else to be equal.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

probably doesn’t answer your question but - for my wife's company I made sure .com and .co.uk were registered for the same name - despite the search possibilities I felt they were the most memorable and in this country the most presumed extensions for the name - I avoided anything else because of that.

Generic extensions like .com, .biz, .net make no difference. Obviously with country level extensions like .co.uk Google will assume you are UK based and weight you towards the UK as your target market, unless you specify otherwise in Google Webmaster Tools.

Slightly related:
    EDIT: I think it's safe to assume that any free domain names will not do so well in Google results...