Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon DN-HD2500 help please

Default Denon DN-HD2500 help please

Hi all, I've just bought a new HD2500 and think??? it's faulty. When I cue up a track to deck b/2/right hand side!! and then press play, the audio is stuttering quite severely and the "NEXT" button is flashing in-time to the stuttering????? If I press the "NEXT" button, the track then plays normally BUT!!! if I then press pause and then play it does the same thing, It plays fine in BEND or SCRATCH mode etc. and Deck A/1/left works perfectly. I've telephoned the company I got it from and spoke to one of their "TECHNICIANS" and he is positive that it is simply a settings problem and has advised me to ring the Denon helpline....NO ANSWER, Or I can return it for repair/replacement, which I am happy to do but obviously that won't be possible till Monday plus the time it takes for them to check it over etc. I'm hoping someone on here will say "yeah, dead simple...hit this button and that will cure it" I know deep down inside that's not gonna happen but I have to try!!!
    Thanks in advance everyone.
    you cant get much better than england

OK - never heard of this before.....so....start with the simple things.

What hard drive are you using?
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I am using the one built in to the hd2500.

Quote Originally Posted by connor View Post
    I am using the one built in to the hd2500.
    And how are the files being loaded in the unit - IE what format. (although this should not be a problem)
    Have they been tagged?
    and also is the data/software loaded on the unit.....?

I'm just trying to eliminate possibles......i'm sure someone else will be along to help as well.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Have you loaded the software from the CD that came with it. If so get the latest version from the Denon site as mine said don't use the software that comes with it and revert to Denon site.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    And how are the files being loaded in the unit - IE what format. (although this should not be a problem)
    Have they been tagged?
    and also is the data/software loaded on the unit.....?

I'm just trying to eliminate possibles......i'm sure someone else will be along to help as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Have you loaded the software from the CD that came with it. If so get the latest version from the Denon site as mine said don't use the software that comes with it and revert to Denon site.

Try asking here.
    http://www.denondjforums.com/denonforums

Then go to the HD2500 forum. Worth a try.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

HI, I've tried the latest software from the denon site, also updated the firmware, now on v1400, tried loading music onto onboard HDD, memory stick and even and SD card plugged into a USB card reader, all do exactly the same thing, I've gone into the setup menu and tried returning to factory settings, all to no avail. I think it must have a fault on it. Thanks for all the replys though.

HI, I've tried the latest software from the denon site, also updated the firmware, now on v1400, tried loading music onto onboard HDD, memory stick and even and SD card plugged into a USB card reader, all do exactly the same thing, I've gone into the setup menu and tried returning to factory settings, all to no avail. I think it must have a fault on it. Thanks for all the replys though.
    Have you tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager?

Seems to me you've covered all options, except:

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Have you tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager?
    If yes, you know my suggested solution, don't you?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk