Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon DN-HD2500 help please

Topic is pretty much finished. It is not working back to Denon for a new one.

Mine has never done that and it bounced off our slate floor in the kitchen. My three year old pulled it off the worktop and it never died. So as they are that bomb proof when working from day one, I would suggest it is deceased and in need of a replacement.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Topic is pretty much finished.
    No it isn't Just because you personally have not encountered the problem does not make your opinion a categorical reply.

There are plenty of HD2500 users who haven't even seen this thread yet due to the fact that they will be out working and not on the forum today / night.

Until everyone has had the opportunity to reply and / or the issue is resolved (neither or which has yet happened) it is a current thread where someone is asking for other users help.

It may turn out that there is a fault, but you alone are not in a position to decide that.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    No it isn't Just because you personally have not encountered the problem does not make your opinion a categorical reply.

There are plenty of HD2500 users who haven't even seen this thread yet due to the fact that they will be out working and not on the forum today / night.

Until everyone has had the opportunity to reply and / or the issue is resolved (neither or which has yet happened) it is a current thread where someone is asking for other users help.

It may turn out that there is a fault, but you alone are not in a position to decide that.
    Okay I was being flippant and apologise for that. However he has done everything with the software and firmware direct from Denons web site and the fault is on one side only, which would suggest a back to base repair or replace.

I wasn't suggesting I am the eternal knowledge on this, but if mine was doing that it would be back to Denon for a new one. It is box fresh so you don't want to be mucking about - get it back to them. It should just fire up and away you go. If I can do it with ease a man of the technological age is way ahead of me and its probably broken.

Again think you got me wrong there Angela.
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

i have 2 HD2500 units and neither of them have exhibited that fault. my first thought was that is it a faulty job wheel on deck B, but if it is doing it in Pitch Bend mode then it cannot be that i wouldn't think.

if you havent already i would flash the latest firmware V1400 and if that doesnt cure it, return the unit.

Mine have been reliable (considering they are well used) and even though i have a faulty play button and jog wheel on the one unit, it is not exhibiting the symptoms you are describing.

Again think you got me wrong there Angela.
    Fine, but I can only go by what you type, and adding that after I had requested TWICE that then thread get back on topic does somewhat muddy the waters. Anyway, there's no harm done (and as they say, no harm, no foul).... I'm just keen to try and keep this on topic in order that any help anyone can give will be forthcoming.

Back to the case at hand: I believe we are currently waiting to find out if connor has tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager.

[PS: I'll delete any subsequent 'off-topic' posts]

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Fine, but I can only go by what you type, and adding that after I had requested TWICE that then thread get back on topic does somewhat muddy the waters. Anyway, there's no harm done (and as they say, no harm, no foul).... I'm just keen to try and keep this on topic in order that any help anyone can give will be forthcoming.

Back to the case at hand: I believe we are currently waiting to find out if connor has tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager.

[PS: I'll delete any subsequent 'off-topic' posts]
    I only got as far as Penmare's comment when I quoted him. Hadn't got so far as the off topic bits otherwise wouldn't have done it.

You don't need to use DDJMM if you drag tracks straight onto the units hard drive as the unit itself acts as the DDJMM and creates the database.

I know this as I have done it for my own internal drive and it works perfect. My two external drives are configured via DDJMM or they wouldn't work.

Plus it is only one side so it probably isn't a track issue.
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

You don't need to use DDJMM if you drag tracks straight onto the units hard drive as the unit itself acts as the DDJMM and creates the database.

I know this as I have done it for my own internal drive and it works perfect. My two external drives are configured via DDJMM or they wouldn't work.

Plus it is only one side so it probably isn't a track issue.
    Agreed. I only use internal drive and don't use DDJMM. The HD2500 rejects any tracks it cannot use.

(incidently you can get away without using DDJMM on external drives too as long as you build the DB on the HD2500 when you have finished transferring)

As long as a working test track has been played on both sides and is not working on deck B, then i think there is no other option to return this unit. it really is plug and play pretty much.

Hi everyone, tried all of the above, no luck so it's going back to onmonday for a replacement.
    I'd just like to thank everyone for all your suggestions, I can't believe how many replies I've had in such a short period.
    Again, Thank You.
    One last quick note, My Dad bought me a Cortex 1000 which was the first piece of equipment we had.....regularely locked up etc(second hand purchase), which is why we decided to bite the bullet and buy new, decided on a Denon after trawling the internet looking at reviews etc.
    you cant get much better than england

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Agreed. I only use internal drive and don't use DDJMM. The HD2500 rejects any tracks it cannot use.

(incidently you can get away without using DDJMM on external drives too as long as you build the DB on the HD2500 when you have finished transferring)

As long as a working test track has been played on both sides and is not working on deck B, then i think there is no other option to return this unit. it really is plug and play pretty much.
    Good point on the external drives actually. I added some new tracks in a hurry to my external drive and forgot to database them. Updated the database at the venue using the unit.
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Hope you get it sorted Connor.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"