Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Karaoke Software

Default Karaoke Software

Hi,

I used to do karaoke a while ago but no longer offer it. However I have been offered a good contract but they want karaoke, I would like to upgrade my karaoke equipment to make it better. I am looking for what sort of software to use and how to get the tracks from discs on to the computer? Also is there an easy way to search through the tracks, like on virtual DJ?

Thanks for the help
    Michael
    Discoz Mobile Disco & Karaoke
    North East
    www.discozmobile.co.uk

Hi Michael.
    Huge list of software.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/cat/KARAOKE/

I personally use Power CD + G pro HERE

To do a search , it a long winded way to begin , I use a spread sheet, with the following data.

Disc ID ( ie Sunfly SF043)
    Track name
    Artist

Using excels "find" command , I find it easy , the advantage is , as your collection gets bigger , just add the new details to the spread sheet , then sort A-Z orwhat ever , job done.

Help on ripping CD+G disc`s to PC/Laptop.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/karaoke-...g-demystified/

hope this helps

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

I use Karaoke Builder. I am sure it was a free player or it did'nt cost much at all (I've had it ages). I also have PCDJ VJ but believe it or not, I prefer the Karaoke Builder.

I have just started using the search facility in Windows 7 aswell now. All the CDG files are on an external HD and searching is easy.

virtual dj has a search facility built in, and it searches karaoke tracks just the same as music or video.

i can search for any track and have it playing in just a few seconds (provided i spell it right)

Like Daryl, i also keep a list on a spreadsheet, which i print out for karaoke books, but since virtual dj searches by song title or artist, i dont have to bother with disk id's or track numbers.

Dave
    Dave
    DSF Mobile Discos
    www.dsfdiscos.co.uk

Karafun is a free player, which isnt bad either.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

for karaoke --- sax and dotty's is the way to go,or for a bit more money mtu hoster --- pcvj and swift elite dont come close to competing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try trannosoft think thats what its called easy to use as well and you can put the next singers name on screen

Hi Dj killer,

Programs like Numark Cue offer a very refined search database. It's about £100 a go but well worth it. Finding tracks at gigs is a breeze.

For your punters track listings though, you'll need printed books again. Take a look on my site:

www.ardsleyentertainments.co.uk

There you'll find my tracklisting on the karaoke page. Download and save it, delete my stuff and type in your own - and you have an instant searchable and printable XL database. It contains a macro (obviously). You need to accept macro's to use the full search. Anyone else is welcome to do the same (plenty have done so already) but if you do, at least say thanks if it's useful.

PCDJ VJ, Virtual DJ, Virtual DJ Studio are good for karaoke.

For getting the tracks off the discs I recommend CD+GRipper 2 from Tricerasoft which is well worth the money as it's hassel-free. Here's a link:

http://www.softtester.com/programs/t...r-124444.shtml

It converts CD+Gs to MP3+G which can then be played on a number of karaoke players. I currently use VDJ as it intergrates disco and karaoke nicely so it's perfect for me.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!