Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: laptop help

Reinstall the operating system. You'll be able to clear all the nasty little bugs on your pc then.
    Steve

Would love to but it all came preinstalled with no discs. Thanks PC world.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Hi guys

Need some help from someone with good computer knowledge.

My laptop is having some issues.

Please post new threads in the most relevent forum section.

[thread moved]

Is your hard drive split into two? If you didn't get any discs then it should be.
    Steve

Hi chaps

Just spoken to my works IT man (on a Sunday having texted him first to check it was okay) and its going to be sat on his desk being de-malwared tomorrow and then getting some new RAM which he has lying around.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I have had a lesson thought. Norton is pants and stops nothing getting in and when it does they want to charge you twice the cost of their virus protection to remove it. Well they can stick Norton right up their Symantics.
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Hi chaps

Just spoken to my works IT man (on a Sunday having texted him first to check it was okay) and its going to be sat on his desk being de-malwared tomorrow and then getting some new RAM which he has lying around.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I have had a lesson thought. Norton is pants and stops nothing getting in and when it does they want to charge you twice the cost of their virus protection to remove it. Well they can stick Norton right up their Symantics.
    It doesn't matter how careful you are, short of never connecting to the net or using anykind of external storage, then there is a chance *something* will get in.
    Vista is a prime example of over security. You get so used to constantly clicking 'Allow' every bloomin time you do something, it's just a matter of time before something sneaks through or you just give up and disable the constant nagging for the sake of a quiet life

Glad you're getting sorted by your tame 'Monkey'
    Simon (Grumpy old man) - and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by sleah View Post
    It doesn't matter how careful you are, short of never connecting to the net or using anykind of external storage, then there is a chance *something* will get in.
    Vista is a prime example of over security. You get so used to constantly clicking 'Allow' every bloomin time you do something, it's just a matter of time before something sneaks through or you just give up and disable the constant nagging for the sake of a quiet life

Glad you're getting sorted by your tame 'Monkey'
    He's a great lad Pete our IT man and I will furnish him with cases (more than one) of beer for his endeavours unlike many people who just think he is an in house service for home PC rectification with no reward.

What annoyed me was Norton's attitude. It didn't get past our system you let it in now cross our palms with twice as much silver and we will find it for you. Okay so I let it in, but your stupid system can't find it, can it!!!

P.S. Its been fine for a good few hours now. I think it knows I rang Pete and is looking for a hiding place. We are coming for you Trojan Worm Pig Dog. I know you can hear me, or at least see my keystrokes.
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

I've always had bad experiences with Norton letting viruses is/not finding them. McAfee has been fantastic - only one incident where my computer got 'mauled' by a virus, but that's slightly more forgivable.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Quote Originally Posted by OllieJames View Post
    I've always had bad experiences with Norton letting viruses is/not finding them. McAfee has been fantastic - only one incident where my computer got 'mauled' by a virus, but that's slightly more forgivable.
    I wouldn't use either. System hogs, both of them.