Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help - Google has 'lost' my site.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Suprising how few replies to this thread considering my site has received 54 hits from this very thread
    The original post asked: -

Any advise would be great and any SEO advice would be most welcome as I do not know what has happened.
    And as far as I know that's pretty much been answered, here and elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

Aside from which I'm tiring of responding honestly to threads on this and similar subjects and getting a bad reaction to good advice, so I'm becoming increasingly choosy about what I post

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    The original post asked: -

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post

Aside from which I'm tiring of responding honestly to threads on this and similar subjects and getting a bad reaction to good advice, so I'm becoming increasingly choosy about what I post
    Your advice was VERY much appreciated and did not mean the previous post in any bad way. Just with so many direct links to my site from this thread it appears more people may have queries about SEO / google and would welcome any discussion as it may help others, and help improve all

Your advice was VERY much appreciated and did not mean the previous post in any bad way.

Wasn't getting at you... just the handful of folks in the recent past who've invited us to critique their site only to go a bit grumpy (or even get a ban!) when the advice is posted back

Also, if you KNOW that your site needs a tweak here and there (take your META example), why not fix it prior to posting for critique? When you put a website live, the spiders will find it. Put it up wrong, and you face an uphill battle removing the mess.

ppentertainments

Also, if you KNOW that your site needs a tweak here and there (take your META example), why not fix it prior to posting for critique? When you put a website live, the spiders will find it. Put it up wrong, and you face an uphill battle removing the mess.
    Probably because I have not got a clue what I am doing and have fluked my way through
    When search engines a working I like to leave alone as every change I make may bring risky results

It's funny isn't it. People ask you to be blunt and then moan about it!
    Steve

ppentertainments

After enjoying a couple of weeks 'at the top', the same thing has happened again. Ironically I have changed nothing to cause this and on other search engines I come out top in the key searches I require

Going to do nothing, and see what happens

After enjoying a couple of weeks 'at the top', the same thing has happened again. Ironically I have changed nothing to cause this and on other search engines I come out top in the key searches I require

Going to do nothing, and see what happens
    Still stuffed full of keywords.

<meta name="Description" content="Professional DJ, Disco's, Karaoke's, Race Night's, Prom Night, Race Night, Quiz Night's, Kids Parties, Childrens Parties, Mobile Disco and Professional Wedding Photographer " />
    <meta name="Keywords" content="Disco, Karaoke, Race Night, Quiz Night, Kids Parties, Prom Night, Prom Nights, Childrens Parties, Discos, Birthday, Wedding, Mobile DJ, Christening, Engagement, General, Party, Graduation, Race Nights, Karaoke, Karaoke's, Nights, Evening, Daytime, DJ, Richmond, Darlington, Catterick, Catterick Garrison, Bedale, Leyburn, Hawes, Northallerton, Thirsk, Ripon, Harrogate, Knaresborough, York, Wetherby, Tadcaster, Malton, Bridlington, Scarborough, Whitby, Saltburn, Redcar, Middlesbrough, Stokesley, Marske, Stockton, Billingham, Hartlepool, Sedgefield, Newton Aycliffe, Shildon, Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Skipton, Ilkley, Keighley, Hornsea, Pickering, Otley, Beverley, North Yorkshire, County Durham, Cleveland, Teesside, Tees Valley, Teesdale, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors, Driffield, Consett, Chester Le Street, Washington, Gateshead, Sunderland, South Shields, Newcastle, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Gosforth, Tynemouth, Hexham, Morpeth, Ashington, Easington, Peterlee, Seaham, Sunderland, Blyth, Tyneside, Wearside, Wear Dale, Tyne Dale, Penrith, Carlisle, Northumberland, Alnwick, Berwick, Edinburgh, Galashiels, Hawick, Jedburgh, Kelso, Coldstream, Berwick Upon tweed, Scotland, Glasgow, Greenock, Kilmarnock, Dumfries, Workington, Whitehaven, Cumbria, Barrow, Barrow in Furness, Ulverston, Windermere, Kendal, Keswick, Morecambe, Lancaster, Settle, Clitheroe, Lake District Aldbrough St John, Aycliffe, Barnard Castle, Beamish, Billingham, Bishop Auckland, Blackhall Colliery, Bowburn, Bowes, Brandon, Burnhope, Burnopfield, Carrville, Castleside, Chester le Street, Consett, Cornsay Colliery, Cotherstone, Countywide, Cowshill, Coxhoe, Croft on Tees, Crook, Croxdale, Darlington, Durham, Eaglescliffe, Edmondsley, Esh, Ferryhill, Fir Tree, Forest-in-Teesdale, Frosterley, Guisborough, Hartlepool, Haswell, Haswell Plough, Houghton Le Spring, Hunwick, Ireshopeburn, Lanchester, Langley Moor, Langley Park, Lartington, Low Pittington, Mickleton, Middlestone, Middleton St George, Middleton-in-Teesdale, Newton Aycliffe, Peterlee, Piercebridge, Portobello, Birtley, Quebec, Romaldkirk, Rushyford, Sacriston, Seaham, Seaton Carew, Sedgefield, Shildon, Shincliffe, Shotton Colliery, Spennymoor, St Johns Chapel, Stanhope, Stanley, Stockton-On-Tees, Thornley, Tow Law, Trimdon, Trimdon Grange, Ushaw Moor, Weardale, Wearhead, West Auckland, Wheatley, Whitworth, Witton Gilbert, Wolsingham, Acomb, Allendale, Allenheads, Alnmouth, Alnwick, Amble, Annitsford, Ashington, Bamburgh, Bardon Mill, Barrasford, Beadnell, Bedlington, Belford, Bellingham, Belsay, Berwick upon Tweed, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Blanchland, Blyth, Brampton, Cambois, Carterway Heads, Cawfields, Chathill, Chatton, Chillingham, Chollerford, Chollerton, Choppington , Consett, Corbridge, Cornhill on Tweed, Cornhill-on-Tweed, Countywide, Cramlington, Craster, Druridge Bay, Eglingham, Ellingham, Embleton, Eshott, Etal, Falstone, Felton, Fenwick, Gilsland, Goswick, Great Whittington, Greenhead, Haltwhistle, Haydon Bridge, Heddon-on-the-Wall, Hedley on the Hill, Hexam, Hexham, Holy Island, Humshaugh, Kielder, Kielder Water, Kirkwhelpington, Longframlington, Longhorsley, Lowick, Morpeth, Netherwitton, Newton on the Moor, Otterburn, Ovingham, Ponteland, Powburn, Powfoot, Prudhoe, Rennington, Rochester, Rothbury, Seahouses, Simonburn, Slaley, Spittal, Stannersburn, Stocksfield, Throughout Northumberland, Tweedmouth, Warden, Warenford, Wark, Warkworth, West Mickley, West Woodburn, Widdrington, Wooler, Wylam, Northumberland, Durham, Chester-le-street, Sunderland, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, Stanley, Consett, Haltwhistle, Hexham, Quality, Corbridge, North East, Tyne &amp; Wear, Hotel, Club, Presentation Night, Awards, Entertainment, Resident DJ, Wedding Photography, Photo's, Photographer, Wedding Photography and Entertainment Package" />

You only need to put 'DJ' and 'Disco' once, no need to hypenate, apostrophise etc.

And in any case the tag is too long.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 30-03-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Removed details which identified booking.

ppentertainments

Was about to shorten, then noticed the searches were working again so left alone - strange how other search engines work fine. Then again Google is undoubtedly the one you need good results on.

Cheers Vectis

Was about to shorten, then noticed the searches were working again so left alone - strange how other search engines work fine. Then again Google is undoubtedly the one you need good results on.

Cheers Vectis
    Hi there PP,

Glad your rankings are back up to par! Just thought i'd let you know that Google completely disregards the keyword meta tag and has no effect on your ranking of Google - i'm not saying to completely discard the tag (as Yahoo still places some weight on it), but don't expect your ranking to change by modifying your keywords. Like you said, Google is the main search engine to rank well on in regards to traffic. Google uses hundreds of algorithms to rank your site, most of which is out of your control, but the important ones that you can apply to your site to increase your ranking is:

The quality of content
    How relevant your content is
    Number of quality links pointing to your site
    How long your domain name is registered (Google LOVES sites that will be around for a long time)

Google can be a pain in the sometimes, but the benefits if you get it right are invaluable. Hope this can be of help!

Alex