Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAR CANS - 2 Quick Questions

Default PAR CANS - 2 Quick Questions

(1) Is a PAR Can 64 (rather than 56) preferable for general use or better only for larger venues?

(2) Is there a good make or are they all fairly similar - e.g. Pro LED, KAM, QTX

Thanks guys/gals

I use a pair of ledj par 56 cost 55.00 each and there bright enough for 100+ people..
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

It might be an idea for you to say what you want to use them for, since 'better' is very subjective: each has it's place.

eg: will you be using on your rig? Do you want to use for uplighting? How much controllability do you require? Do you run full DMX or do you want to use a mini-controller with them? etc

Small venues, No DMX (yet), Some controllability, On T-Bar (already have uplighters)

Quote Originally Posted by Megamix View Post
    Small venues, No DMX (yet), Some controllability, On T-Bar (already have uplighters)
    Ledj par 56 would be fantastic for small to large venues up to say 150 people. they can run master/slave and sound to light with sensitivity control on the back. you can also get a lil mix

really good these are,
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

I use the CPC "Pulse" ones, which are the same as the Thomann LED par 56s and they're pretty bright actually. However, they don't run master slave which is a pain in certain aspects. As CJ said, the LEDJ ones are very bright and have the master/slave feature.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

Thanks guys very close - LEDJ Lil Mix also looks handy but wondering if DMX is the better option - LEDJ Lil Mix looks nice and simple, may be all I need

I can fully recommend the Lil Mix. I use it a lot for Uplighting and also Band Lighting too.

Is it a case of LEDJ Lil Mix or DMX or can the two work together? - Reading Vectis' post on the Sigma it would be nice to control that - truth is DMX seems like a lot of faffing about and I'd love to keep things as simple as possible

(1) Is a PAR Can 64 (rather than 56) preferable for general use or better only for larger venues?

A PAR64 is an 8" diameter lamp rated to 1,000w whereas a PAR56 is a 7" diameter lamp and rated to 300w. Several different lamp types are available, from wide flood to narrow beam.

64s are more versatile, and you can use 500w lamps. If you haven't got access to proper power, remember 4 No. 1kw 64s will take you into problem territory off a 13a plugtop, unless you program your chases carefully or dim the scenes so as not to pull more than ~3kw across the bar.

(2) Is there a good make or are they all fairly similar
    James Thomas Engineering are the industry standard.