Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Staverton Park, Daventry

Default Staverton Park, Daventry

I'm after a bit of local knowledge on this venue please.

I've got a Wedding there on June 5th and would appreciate any of the locals giving me some info on load in etc.

Thanks in advance
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Sorry to poop your thread but you reminded me... so i wondering have you ever worked at kenwood hall in Sheffield?
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

If your in the county suite take a trolley as you have to go through a foyer and into the suite, theres a big stage in the room. Quite a large suite with a high room as well so you will need plenty of sound. The bar is in a separate room so be prepared for a tough gig.

You need to arrange setup time cause they have a nasty habit of booking out the day for other events and timing can be tight.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    Sorry to poop your thread but you reminded me... so i wondering have you ever worked at kenwood hall in Sheffield?
    How very dare you! Nope

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    If your in the county suite take a trolley as you have to go through a foyer and into the suite, theres a big stage in the room. Quite a large suite with a high room as well so you will need plenty of sound. The bar is in a separate room so be prepared for a tough gig.

You need to arrange setup time cause they have a nasty habit of booking out the day for other events and timing can be tight.
    Thanks for that, been told that I can set up from 6pm. Originally I was doing background music during the Wedding breakfast but apparently the room isn't big enough for the guests and me. On that proviso I'm thinking it's not the county suite.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    How very dare you! Nope

Thanks for that, been told that I can set up from 6pm. Originally I was doing background music during the Wedding breakfast but apparently the room isn't big enough for the guests and me. On that proviso I'm thinking it's not the county suite.
    your probably in the club house then will still need to take a trolley, the load in isnt bad you have to take the kit down a corridor. Easier room as the bar is right by the dancefloor.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Yes he's right your probably in the Golf Club House which is still a nice sized room, careful though as they have a nasty habit of setting up the dance floor in the most strangest of places sometimes even right up against the wall so you have to set up on the dancefloor

Sometimes you'll find the dancefloor isn't even down yet, thats of course unless it's changed. Been a while since I've played there.

You'll def need a trolley.

Hope this helps.

Darren

Cheers for the info guys.

Got a trolley so no dramas there