Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Buzzing over pa when laptop power lead is plugged in

Thanks I have now got a GLI it arrived in the post today, That new power supply worked great last night and wasn't warm at all, The one for my old acer got really warm when using it but this new one seemed fine but thanks for the advice I can return it and I will look for a 90w one

Also on the bottom of the laptop it says: input 19v 3.16a (60W)
    Last edited by JSideFx; 17-11-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSideFx View Post
    Also on the bottom of the laptop it says: input 19v 3.16a (60W)
    If that's the case then the one you've got will do absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JSideFx View Post
    The one for my old acer got really warm when using it but this new one seemed fine but thanks for the advice I can return it and I will look for a 90w one
    No need, 60w is less than the 70w rated capacity so you'll be fine. Stick with what you've got If the laptop is rated at 60w, I don't know why all of the replacements are rated at 90w. It might be something to do with accessories (i.e. if you added a port replicator and/or docking station it might require 90w, but the laptop alone only needs 60w).

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Great thanks! also now having a GLI in my laptop bag I'm pretty well covered