Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help with kids party

Quote Originally Posted by funksoulbrother View Post
    Just got back from my Primary School disco, tired but elated, all the children and the adults enjoyed themselves. So much so, that I've got another booking for their End of Summer term party, so can't be bad.

Got to say a big thank you to Darren and others who have posted recommended playlists for these types of parties, they were all spot on. But what is it about, Justin Bieber that the children go crazy about?

Also, a HUGE thank you has got to go out to the GOD that is called Mr. Mayhem. You certainly know your stuff, when it comes down to these types of parties, your pdf which was posted up on party games is a godsend.
    Good Morning Matey,

Many congrats for the obvious great party buddy.

I must do part two of the games PDF maybe i will get around to it in the not to distant future.

Glad to be of help in some way mate.
    Facebook - Bumble 'B' Roadshow
    Twitter - KidsChaos
    Skype - Garry.Williams402

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem 1 View Post
    Good Morning Matey,

Many congrats for the obvious great party buddy.

I must do part two of the games PDF maybe i will get around to it in the not to distant future.

Glad to be of help in some way mate.

Yes Garry.....you must.....PLEASE!!!

I don't know if I dare offer advice to the Supremo (POST 46) but that is currently our most popular game....It may slightly upgrade your Huge Water Pistol Game that I've seen on U-Tube!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Soooooooooo, anyway...

This party happened yesterday.
    The 4 year olds were the easiest IMO. I spoke on the mic and as none of them had been to a disco before, they were all immediately silent! i went onto the dance floor and within 30 seconds had them all screaming and shouting, boys vs girls style. I must admit, this was the age group that I wasn't looking forward to, but I found it quite easy.

After the first party, I got asked for a card and I said that I didn't really do kids parties to which I got a strange look back and the reply of "But you're brilliant with the kids"!!

In summary, I enjoyed doing it, but it was very full on and I found that I needed 100% concentration all the time. I could have been a little more organised with having more games to hand and I should have either had someone with me to do the music or made playlists up beforehand, so that I didn't have to rush back to change the songs.
    Not a million miles from what I tend to find at these functions. Beforehand, apprehension, trepidation and tension. During the gig, loads of concentration as well, and afterwards, a nice warm feeling, and finished in time for a pint on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Would I do it again? Probably, but not in a hurry. A couple a year would be fine for me.
    It was worth doing and thank you for all the help and suggestions.
    I concur. ( But I usually end up with more than a couple. )

I have nothing but admiration for the likes of Mayhem, who choose to aim at this market.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk