Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital SLR camera

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Is that true though?

I thought more pixels meant a better quality in a bigger size photo?
    I'm well into video cameras and understand that the bigger amount of pixels, the better the picture quality, stills cameras works on the same principle. And, Your right, if a picture is greatly enlarged and the pictures are of very high pixel count, then the picture will retain it's clarity.

Neil.....

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I'm well into video cameras and understand that the bigger amount of pixels, the better the picture quality
    I'm not expert, but that isn't what a couple of others are saying.

Megapixles are important in a DSLR but not as important as the Lens, Sensor or Shutter....I agree with Martin on the Canon 300D, superb bit of kit and it just feels right.......if that makes sense?
    ----------www.partyshopdisco.co.uk - www.weddingdiscodorset.co.uk
    -----Outstanding Wedding Disco Entertainment for Dorset & Somerset
    -----------------------01305 775579 - 07876 136663

I'm not expert, but that isn't what a couple of others are saying.
    It's just something I've always strongly believed in because I bought my dad a mini DV video camera that had 330,000 pixels at a 6th of an inch CCD's (charge coupled device) and later bought him a higher spec mini DV camera which had a pixel count of 800,000 pixels and the CCD size the same size and the newer video camera had a better picture quality

Just my opinion

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    It's just something I've always strongly believed in because I bought my dad a mini DV video camera that had 330,000 pixels at a 6th of an inch CCD's (charge coupled device) and later bought him a higher spec mini DV camera which had a pixel count of 800,000 pixels and the CCD size the same size and the newer video camera had a better picture quality
    Do you think that might have been more to do with the camera being generally higher spec, and newer...? Once you get over a certain number of pixels (i.e. 6mp or so) the quality and size of the CCD and the optics in front of it have a much bigger impact on picture quality. Because cheap CCD's produce:

1. Grainy photos because of noise creeping in
    2. Poor photos in low light, because small CCD's just don't pick up that much light per pixel (in fact, more pixels can actually mean poorer quality photos in low light as the area occupied by each pixel becomes smaller)
    3. Blurry photos, because if the light isn't being focused properly on the CCD, it doesn't matter how many pixels you have.

I'd recommend having a browse here... . On Monday they reviewed three "bridge" camera's (i.e. high end compact cameras designed to "bridge" the gap between standard compacts and DSLR's). The results were interesting for me because the Fuji has a special night mode where it groups the pixels in the CCD, which improves the surface area used to capture light, and therefore improves the camera's sensitivity for night use. The only criticism they levelled at it was that it's video mode was very poor (which is weird as I have a considerably cheaper Fuji and the video on it is better than my Mini-DV camera )

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Have you spoken to Tom?

Tom's brother did have one for sale and I seem to remember he posted a few photos of what he took a while back - he's brother also know a little bit on cameras.

Let me know what you get and how you get along with it.......as i'm looking to take one to America this year - or buy one out there.
    My brother gave me his camera in the end as a birthday present.

He went and bought a second hand D200. Awesome camera but if you are a novice like myself, it can take a while to learn all the bottons and modes.

Is that true though?

I thought more pixels meant a better quality in a bigger size photo?
    It's all about the sensor.

The larger the sensor, the better. I have a Nikon D40. Not the best DSLR in the world, but because it much larger sensor than other cameras (compact and phones) the quality will be a lot better. Also the camera only has 6mp.

This picture was taken with a Nikon D40. There has been no editing to this photo at all.

This picture was taken with a Nikon D200. There has been no editing to this photo at all.

This link might be of some help to you. Don't know if it's a bit too much but worth a read if you are interested in photography.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ensor-size.htm

Usually, your looking at the size of the Sensor, as well as the mega pixels, (Although they are too important unless your try to billboard!)

I'd start with a;

Canon 1000D
    Canon 450D
    Canon 300D
    Sony a200
    Sony a350
    Pentax K-M
    or (finally)
    Olympus E-450

If your looking to expand your lens, I'd go for Canon, as they have the widest selection.

Ahaha, Such an essay
    Hope it helps

get the canon powershot. not realy an slr but an excellent camera and video. I got mine for £120.

canon powershot IS with 12 times optical zoom
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    get the canon powershot. not realy an slr but an excellent camera and video. I got mine for £120.

canon powershot IS with 12 times optical zoom
    Did you actually read any of this thread Toby?

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Have you got one yet? Hurry up it will be Christmas soon!