Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prizes

A bag of mixed nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Another one for 'no sweets' here.

We've got a large 'party shop' near us that has a huge selection of children's party favours and we usually give out those - selection of puzzles, games, cards, balls, play jewellery, coloured pencils, whoopie cushions, notepads, colouring books, plus (for younger children) certificates. Glow sticks are always popular, but tend to give those out to all children rather than as prizes. Plus, they are only any good providing the room is dark, of course. Kids parties during daylight hours in bright rooms (even though you've strongly suggested to the organisers that they block out the natural light) are a pain!

Wouldn't buy them from a shop Angie......look out for some deals on E-bay.I bought 800 keyrings (retail £2.99 carded for .03p each) and 7500 Secret Diaries and Bedroom/Door stickers for £200.

I'll need to be finishing doing them when i'm 87 to clear it all

We have a very good relationship with this party shop, and we actually pick the prizes for each party to suit the demographic of each party.

7500 generic anything's wouldn't suit our way of doing things, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by StarZSoundS View Post
    I doubt wether it would affect your PLI??
    Far as I know-- I dont think your covered--check with the Insurance Company.

If they were given to you by the parents still not covered BUT of course you blame the parents.

This is a products liability aspect as far as I know which would need different cover

I don't have children, nor do I do kids parties, but I do respect that parents should decide what their children are eating - so I'd say no to giving out sweets too.

Besides that, obesity is becoming a huge problem in the UK, including children, so I would avoid contributing to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Do you give prizes out at kids parties and if so, what do you give?

Are sweets alright to give out?
    Knowing health and safety law in the UK I expect you'd have to do a risk assessment.
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''

Go to Poundland - I always buy colouring in books etc. A bit more imaginative.

I find a balloon gives hours of pleasure...just make sure you've arranged the landing spot in time for the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    Go to Poundland - I always buy colouring in books etc. A bit more imaginative.
    Ahem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Another one for 'no sweets' here.

We've got a large 'party shop' near us that has a huge selection of children's party favours and we usually give out those - selection of puzzles, games, cards, balls, play jewellery, coloured pencils, whoopie cushions, notepads, colouring books, plus (for younger children) certificates. Glow sticks are always popular, but tend to give those out to all children rather than as prizes. Plus, they are only any good providing the room is dark, of course. Kids parties during daylight hours in bright rooms (even though you've strongly suggested to the organisers that they block out the natural light) are a pain!

ppentertainments

I pick up things cheap whilst out shopping. Tonight ASDA were selling recorders for 20p each so picked up 10.